Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need assistance with Custom Amended Letters, i.e. State (MA) data is not flowing/triggering

jjg_mst
Level 1

Hi there,

I am trying to play around with the letter editor in Proseries to makes some changes to our amended return letters as the default one doesn't include any state information or instructions.

My issue is that the state amended data doesn't appear to be flowing into the letter editor. For example, if I hover over the code "MA Amended return selected", the preview shows up as "No Value", whereas in theory, it should show yes or affirmative, etc. This results in no data being pulled in to trigger the MA instruction paragraph.

Has anyone experienced similar issues when adding amended state return instructions and info in their letters?

Thanks in advance - JG.

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
dascpa
Level 11

I do custom letters for every single 1040 client.  For all others including amended I use Word.  Just not worth fighting because the ProSeries editor letter program is so difficult and full of errors.  As you've found certain triggers don't work as well as many other flaws.  It's not a high priority for ProSeries computer people.