Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My EF Client database is blank in the detail view, but I can see them in the list view.

bwallcpa
Level 2

MY EF client database DETAIL view went blank.  The files are there, I can see them in the list view, but that is not very informative.  I have used this product since 1999 and have not seen this. I have run repair updates, product updates, restarted and all the usual obvious things that one does.  Any fixes out there before I reinstall the program?  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Can you

• Close ProSeries
  • Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\BaseWin20\HomeBase
  • Do you see CustomViews.xml and/or OtherAttributes.xml? If so, rename them to CustomViews.backup.xml and/or OtherAttributes.backup.xml
  • Run ProSeries

If that works, can you email the backup file(s) to proseries_engineering@intuit.com too?

View solution in original post

17 Comments 17
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Nothing  in Pending or any of the EFC tabs?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
bwallcpa
Level 2

Nothing - not even the gridlines.  They are there though because you can highlight the client if you know which one you want

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Orlando  anything in the Tools Hub that can fix this or is a reinstall the only option?

0 Cheers
bwallcpa
Level 2

Nothing in tools - I have since performed a complete uninstall/ reinstall and the issue is still there.  I have back to 2016 installed and they are OK.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
The person I tagged may be able to provide some insight into the problem... could it be some kind of filtering issue? On the toolbar, under Homebase, if you Reset Current View does that do anything?

0 Cheers
bwallcpa
Level 2

Resetting the View does nothing.blank screen.jpg

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Crazy, I havent seen this issue before, sorry. Maybe Orlando has some ideas, especially since a reinstall didnt help.

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Hmm, i have not seen or heard of this before.  Is it only the EF Tab that is a problem? Did this happen suddenly or has it been this way all year? If suddenly, when did it start?

By chance is your computer locale set to something other than english, like French or German? Or do you have any data or customers with a non standard character in their name, like an umlaut or something?

We use a third party component for displaying the Grid... so just trying to think of reasons why that might not be working.  Can you also go to Help -> Send Logs and email the resulting .zip file (saved to your desktop) to proseries_engineering@intuit.com?  Note that for a few people the Send Logs is failing too due to permissions issues writing to the desktop.. if that happens for you please email me anyway and I'll send further instructions.

0 Cheers
bwallcpa
Level 2

Hi.  Yes, it is only in the EF view.  It happened last night after I adjusted the font in 1040 view by using the control button and two fingers on the mouse pad.  I do not see any issues with the data files.  I can also say that the column headings are missing as well as the bottom slide bar.  It makes me thing there is something hidden.  I will email the zip file.  Thank you.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
2 fingers on the mousepad, so this is a laptop?

0 Cheers
bwallcpa
Level 2

That is correct.

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Can you

• Close ProSeries
  • Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\BaseWin20\HomeBase
  • Do you see CustomViews.xml and/or OtherAttributes.xml? If so, rename them to CustomViews.backup.xml and/or OtherAttributes.backup.xml
  • Run ProSeries

If that works, can you email the backup file(s) to proseries_engineering@intuit.com too?

bwallcpa
Level 2

Many thanks to Orlando for fixing the issue.  He is the best.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Awesome!!

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Just more info... in ProSeries Professional people can customize their views.  This year we added the ability to drag columns away in order to remove them one by one (in addition to dragging them to reorder).  This feature is actually in Basic too ... somehow it looks like all the columns got dragged away for EF Client (but that takes a lot of work.. so I believe there must be some sort of bug with the ctrl zooming or something such that you accidentally got in this state).

If it happens again, I think you can just go to HomeBase -> Reset Current View and that will basically do the same thing as swapping the files.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

they tried the Reset View before I tagged you, but Im glad this was an easy fix!

0 Cheers
tc64540
Level 2

Same issue, and this resolved it, thanks.

0 Cheers