Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My client filed a simple tax return end of february and to date has not recieved his refund what can i do ?

rudydianeg
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

What was on that simple tax return?  Did your client owe the government any money that could have gotten scarfed up by the refund?

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I have one that was filed at the end of feb as well, still in processing.  Only had 2 W2s on it, but was HOH, and qualified for EIC.  Client did get a letter at one point that told him they needed an additional 60day to process....then the quarantine started, havent seen or heard anything since.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
danielbg
Level 2

You're not alone. While most of my returns were processed without a glitch, I have one client whose 1040 that was processed in mid-Feb has been in limbo for 2 months. IRS questioned something regarding her premium tax credit form. She responded timely but still no word from the IRS. Now she's on unemployment and really needs her refund but since the IRS has been on hiatus for 2 months, there's nothing she can do but wait. Quite frustrating.

lrhenry04
Level 3

I always start by comparing the income forms to the tax return and verifying that the forms have the correct SSN.

Then ask the question "Is there any additional income W-2 or 1099-R that may have been left off?" If the IRS computer has forms that were not reported on the return, this will generate a correction letter.

And also inquire about Healthcare Marketplace insurance. A return will not process if Form 8962 is missing.