Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple tax years on a 9465 in ProSeries Professional

Jamestax
Level 1

How do you add multiple tax years in Part I of a 9465 where it says "Enter Tax Year(s) or Period(s) Involved"? It gives examples, but you can only enter 4 characters, such as 2019.   What happens if you need to enter a string of dates, such as 2015, 2017- 2019.   My client cannot figure out an OPA and this is the only way to get them set up. 

Just for clarification, I am not referring to the dollar amounts in line 5 or 6.   Thank you in advance!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
hillsboro15269
Level 4

I don't think it can be done. I've tried it as well, and it won't even accept letters. I was thinking I'd enter "MULT" as the 4 characters, but that didn't work, either. 

FYI, the IRS charges more for 9465 plans than online plans, so I highly recommend you help your client do an online plan. Since we can't do face-to-face, just walk through it over the phone with them. I know it's complicated (Why does the IRS insist on making everything on their website so fricking complicated? And then when you try to call, they say "visit our site at irs.gov for answers...." like, yeah, right ... if you can find anything using their pathetic search engine)...  But I believe it saves them like $50 to do it online instead of using the 9465. 

That's what I'm doing, at least. In the mean time, good luck....

0 Cheers