Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft IEII Depreciation update for proseries.

30 year user
Level 2

Just installed the updates to my program to handle the above issue and I am now unable to logon to the software for each year I updated. Help????

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bert
Employee
Employee

Based on this message Sign in Completion failed. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Net.Http, Version=4.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file spedified.  

I am thinking you could have a .net issue and might want to try and repair it. 

View solution in original post

12 Comments 12
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
You may want to define "unable to logon". What happens when you start up the program?

I updated 2016-2021 this moring after reading this articel and everything seemed to go fine, the programs all reopened after installation and I logged in fine.

Im not sure 2017 updated properly, I saw it download the update, but I didnt see it actually install...so we'll see what happens.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Olympus Tax
Level 3

I have had one of my work stations completely down since Monday 5/16/22 with error code 25625 from Proseries.

Intuit continues to blame this error on your internal environment. however have completely re formatted and reloaded windows 10 pro to a complete new install and still no luck for 2020 and 2021 software.

PATAX
Level 15

Why didn't Intuit run this update through automatically, like the other automatic updates? Why do we have to do it manually? I have Microsoft Edge, I guess I have to do this update, or not?,  i.e. the alert update article wasn't exactly the most clear letter in the world. Just my opinion.

0 Cheers
JRC
Level 8

I think we need to do it manually because we have to update proseries for years 2016 through 2021 asap and we are not always running our older years on a daily basis.

I updated on the 17th and went ok accept for 2021 today I couldn't open up my tax files. I could log in but received a big red "X" on each file. Tried restarting computer still no help. I ended up having to "refresh updates" for the 2021 program which seemed to solve this and works much quicker now on my 11 year old computer.

PATAX
Level 15

@JRC thanks JRC, I appreciate it. I haven't done anything yet, and I haven't had any problems. I'm working on a 2021 corporate return now and everything looks okay. Yesterday I checked the 2020 software and that looked okay too. When you read that article, that's linked on alert post,  it appears that this is an issue with Internet Explorer 11, and not Microsoft Edge?, but like I said it is not clear. I tried to leave a response to that alert post, but it doesn't let you leave responses there. Thanks JRC.

0 Cheers
JRC
Level 8

@PATAX,In their notice they explained that the ProSeries login page is dependent on IE11, which means they require updating the programs to eliminate the Dependency.  

It must be using IE11 in the Background somhow?

PATAX
Level 15

@JRC yeah I think you are right JRC. I guess after I finish this return that I have to go ahead and do the updates for 2021 and back 3 years or so. I'm just hoping everything goes okay. Thanks.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

What is Intuit going to do when IE is retired next month?

Ex-AllStar
PATAX
Level 15

@sjrcpa good question. I am not sure what Intuit is going to do, but I'm going to be putting evil eye pendant and other good luck charms around my computer. 😉

30 year user
Level 2

Here's more details on my issue. The issue involves my older Windows 7 computer where I have my older programs are installed (2011-2018) and used on an infrequent basis as needed. I know Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft so I only use it online to obtain updates for these programs when needed. 

I opened each program and did the update but noticed that a component of the update was blocked by the Windows Firewall. I was no longer able to open 2016, 2017 and 2018 after the update. I then turned off the Windows Firewall and without opening the software attempted another update again using the program file folders for each year. For each of those years I get the message that no further updates are available. For 2018 you can refresh the updates also using the program file folder, but not for 2017 and 2016. In either event doing the refresh for 2018 did not fix the problem.

Here's the message I get when trying to open 2016, 2017 and 2018.........

Sign in Completion failed. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Net.Http, Version=4.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file spedified.  

Can anyone in the Community or Tech Support help me resolve this issue?

Thank you!

0 Cheers
JRC
Level 8

I am thinking this will end the Dependency on IE11?

Bert
Employee
Employee

Based on this message Sign in Completion failed. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Net.Http, Version=4.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file spedified.  

I am thinking you could have a .net issue and might want to try and repair it.