Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a joke

PATAX
Level 15

Executrix filed final 2020 federal 1040 income tax return for her deceased father VIA mail over one year ago, and she still has not received the refund or any other correspondence.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

I had a 2019 final 1040 for a decedent which was timely filed on paper. They got a letter last month asking for 1310, which was included with original paper filed return. So maybe they need to wait a year. 😉

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
sjrcpa
Level 15

I had a 2019 final 1040 for a decedent which was timely filed on paper. They got a letter last month asking for 1310, which was included with original paper filed return. So maybe they need to wait a year. 😉

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

Dead people get buried.  Who knew that the IRS did the same thing to their tax returns.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

I hope it didn't get buried with those millions of information returns back in March of 2021 I believe. Just my opinion.😉

IRonMaN
Level 15

At least you know they weren't cremated.  That would have been one heck of a big fire to burn all of those.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

That would have been the mother of all bonfires.🔥🔥🔥

poolcleaner
Level 9

I had exactly the same situation.  The return was filed by mail with a 1310 attached in July of 2020 and they received a notice last week saying that if they will send in the "missing" 1310, the refund will be issued.  On "Where's my refund" The IRS has said all along that they had the return and needed more information.  They gave the executor a telephone number to call them but that number was answered with a message saying they were too busy to answer that telephone.

PATAX
Level 15

It is a nightmare that even Freddy Krueger would avoid.😉