Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medicaid Public Partners W2

WSpillman
Level 2

There is a disabled family member living in my clients home. They receive caretaker support from Medicaid in the form of a W2.  This W2 has no income on line 1, and the program insists that filing on paper is required in this instance.

In this situation would it be possible to put 1 dollar in the income box in order to file the tax electronically?  One dollar won't change the bottom line of the tax, but would make filing faster for my client.

Has anyone else encountered a similar issue?  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pamdory
Level 8

I have one of these clients too.  It's a strange W-2 with no entries in any of the federal boxes, but state wages and withholding, even though it is not taxable to the state.  Over the years I have omitted it from the W-2 input and entered the state withholding on the Misc. Income screen in the Tax Withheld section.  I've never gotten a notice.  

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Excluded income, just ignore the W2.  I see these often.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
pamdory
Level 8

I have one of these clients too.  It's a strange W-2 with no entries in any of the federal boxes, but state wages and withholding, even though it is not taxable to the state.  Over the years I have omitted it from the W-2 input and entered the state withholding on the Misc. Income screen in the Tax Withheld section.  I've never gotten a notice.  

WSpillman
Level 2

Thank you both for the reply!  It was a big help during this hectic tax season.

0 Cheers