Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Masking Social Security Numbers in Pro Series Basic Client Copies

SunshineTarheel
Level 1

In the Print Setup Option, on the client copy tab I selected print client copy with sensitive data masked.  I print the client copy and it still displays the client ss#.  Help!

Thanks!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Camp1040
Level 10

garman22.  I use PS Basic and the print options and dialogue boxes are completely different than PS Pro.

The settings mentioned by OP appear to be correct and masking worked when I used the same settings.

Maybe just a reboot is in order.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

@SunshineTarheel wrote:

In the Print Setup Option, on the client copy tab I selected print client copy with sensitive data masked.  I print the client copy and it still displays the client ss#.  Help!

Thanks!

Unless basic differs from Pro. When you print from PS, right next to client copy is "mask sensitive data", check that box and that should accomplish what you want. 

Camp1040
Level 10

garman22.  I use PS Basic and the print options and dialogue boxes are completely different than PS Pro.

The settings mentioned by OP appear to be correct and masking worked when I used the same settings.

Maybe just a reboot is in order.

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Ah, thanks @Camp1040 . 

0 Cheers
SunshineTarheel
Level 1

Thanks for all the help!  I updated this morning and rebooted.  Problem solved!

0 Cheers