Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep getting booted out of Proseries Basic - And Electronic Withdrawal Date past 4/15/21

SColletti
Level 2

Has anyone had any luck fixing the constant crashes???  I keep getting booted out, doesn't matter what I'm doing. Even in the middle of an e-file.  I've run the repair/update about 10 times - no luck.

Also, when are they going to give us an update so we can enter an electronic withdrawal date past 4/15/21?

Other than that and 20 other problems this season I'm very satisfied with my expensive tax software purchase.............and I get the basic program............I bet the Professional program purchasers are even more satisfied!!!!

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@SColletti wrote:

I've run the repair/update about 10 times - no luck.

Have you tried rebooting THEN do the Repair Updates (before you start ProSeries)?  That sometimes will do it.

dkh
Level 15

That doesn't help either. I'm experiencing same as @SColletti    I've tried every which way to get the update to take.....it's hopeless     Do you hear that @Orlando  ? 

Nearly had a heart attack yesterday when it crashed at the start of efiling returns.   

skymax
Level 3

Same for me.  Nothings helps.  Its an abosute joke already.  Get your act together Proseries....  unreal...

TAXOH
Level 11

Same here.  It doesn't matter what I'm doing.  It has happened during efiling, printing, while working on a return, while opening a return, while closing a return, when the program is minimized and I click on the toolbar to pull it up.  I've restarted, done a hard reboot ran repair updates and nothing works.

IntuitCharlene

Development has been looking into some crashes that started happening after the most recent update. The following News and Updates post will be updated with the most current informaiton: Unepxected Behavior: ProSeries crashes after latest update

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
PATAX
Level 15

Of all the times of the year for this to happen and it is happening to you guys now....I sympathize with you... Thank God it hasn't happened to me yet...

Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Reposting this from another thread...

We know that some users have entered this state by way of an update partially failing (some of the files get updated; some don't because they are locked).  We think we've figured out why that happens in most cases and will have a fix soon. To get back into a stable state,

• Restart your machine
  • Go to the Start Menu and Choose ProSeries 2020 -> Tools Repair Updates

If you've done that and it's still failing, then we need help isolating why this is happening. 

If you get a dialog titled "ProSeries Crash Feedback", just enter "For Orlando" from your userId here, provide as much detail as you can in terms of what you where doing at the time it shut down and submit.

If it's just shutting down without any dialog, reopen ProSeries, choose Help -> Send Logs, and email the resulting .zip file (saved to your desktop) to proseries_engineering@intuit.com.  Then we'll provide further questions and instructions there.

TAXOH
Level 11

I sent the zip file this morning when it happened.

SColletti
Level 2

Yes, I have, several times.  Still no luck. Now, I'm actually losing some information I have entered. I spoke to them again yesterday afternoon.  They're investigating it.....

Thanks.