Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

January 24th 2022 Monday

PATAX
Level 15

IRS just announced tax filing season opens January 24th 2022 Monday. May be a good idea to wait a little bit before you start e-filing. Many tax reporting forms have until January 31st to be mailed out I believe. Don't want to do a return and then have to change it. Just my opinion.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

i agree 100% here. I always used to file whatever I had on the first day. Now I make any early birds wait one week. Bugs etc.....

View solution in original post

17 Comments 17
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

i agree 100% here. I always used to file whatever I had on the first day. Now I make any early birds wait one week. Bugs etc.....

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Always wait for the first week in February here!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dkh
Level 15

IRS is efiling January 24th........has anyone seen a 6419 or 6475 letter yet?   

IRonMaN
Level 15

Does anybody know when you can start e-filing? 🙃

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

tally counter.jpgGLASS.png

IRonMaN
Level 15

"has anyone seen a 6419 or 6475 letter yet/"

Has anybody seen a client yet?

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

I'm expecting a 6475 letter.  Guessing I may even get a 6419 letter for the mysterious child I've been receiving $300 for since September.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Does your family know anything about your other kid?

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

Taxpayers and return preparers should gird for a challenging and frustrating tax season as many of the processing delays and customer-service shortages that have plagued the Internal Revenue Service for years will persist this year, Treasury officials told reporters. The officials said funding cuts and staffing shortages due to the ongoing health crisis are causing the problems.

“The pandemic continues to create challenges, but the IRS reminds people there are important steps they can take to help ensure their tax return and refund don’t face processing delays,” IRS Commissioner Chuck Rettig said in a statement Monday. “Filing electronically with direct deposit and avoiding a paper tax return is more important than ever this year.”

By law, the IRS must hold refunds until at least mid-February for taxpayers claiming the earned-income tax credit or the additional child tax credit that Congress enacted last year -- so that the agency can conduct additional fraud checks.

PATAX
Level 15

Excellent observation dkh. I have not heard of one client receiving it so I doubt if they have been mailed out yet, or at least in  this area

dkh
Level 15

shhhhh   it is a secret so secret I don't even know the child's name

TAXOH
Level 11

I have 3 clients stuff - a 16 year old with 1 W2

1 guy that just has a 1099

1 woman with 2 kids, 1 W2, mortgage interest statement, and finalized adoption papers, no 6419 or 6475 yet but she will email them to me when she hits them

IRonMaN
Level 15

And the 16 year old had another job and hasn't received that W-2 yet.

The guy has had another 1099 but hasn't received that 1099 yet.

The woman had another kid but hasn't received that kid yet -------------------------- sorry, I was on a roll and got carried away. 🙁

Slava Ukraini!
TAXOH
Level 11

LOL🤣 

The mom of the 16 year old told me that was his first job and that was the only 1 he had.

He has always received 1 1099 each year from the same place and I did tell him I couldn't do them until I got the IRS letters.

rbynaker
Level 13

@TAXOH wrote:

LOL🤣 

The mom of the 16 year old told me that was his first job and that was the only 1 he had.

And he took the money he made from that job and started trading cryptocurrency . . .

ljr
Level 8

We don't start until the 1st week of February - Between waiting on the IRS issues and updates and ProSeries updates it is just not worth it to start in January. The IRS says this will be a "frustrating" tax season for taxpayers. . . . . Hey what about the tax preparers? LOL.

PATAX
Level 15

@ljr you hit the nail on the head on that one... What a joke!!!