Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITIN & W-7

HOPE2
Level 8

Hi to all. I need help regarding w-7. As we know, w-7 should mail along with tax return and one of documents IRS's table . When I fill out W-7, I faced an error under part 6 C, DOCUMENT INFORMATION WORKSHEET for ENTERY DATE. For ID TYPE, I typed : passport and issued by her country and expiration date of her passport but for whom this w-7 being applied she is overseas and not supposed to enter U.S. also she does not have a visa so no has entry date but has a valid passport from his country. Her husband is a US citizen.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Mordy
Level 2

line 6c is only used if a Visa has been issued.  In your case ignore Visa questions

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I send them to a CAA (certified acceptance agent) for the ID verification part, thats what theyve been trained to do. IRS has a list here
https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/acceptance-agent-program

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
HOPE2
Level 8

Thanks a lot Lisa. You meant you did not fill out W-7 in Prosries?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I do, and it gets attached to the front of a paper return, but I dont fill out any of the Identification items in Part 6, I let the CAA do all that.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
HOPE2
Level 8

Thanks again Lisa. My question is why I have an error as I explained. To complete the last part of W-7 you give client to have CCA, ok, got it, but client's wife has not visa entry that is why I am confused for this part.

0 Cheers
Mordy
Level 2

line 6c is only used if a Visa has been issued.  In your case ignore Visa questions

0 Cheers