Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with NJ-HCC form, exemption code is not accepted.

poletaev
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

@IntuitAustin  This is a new NJ requirement this year and new Intuit form/worksheet. Apparently, not quite ready for release. Could you please follow-up with development and advise if and when it will be corrected/completed.   (FYI.... this is one that i'd post on the bug blog we discussed).

@poletaev  is correct. The NJ-HCC form is either not accepting the exemption code or not calculating correctly or both.

If you mark Part I  'part year insurance'  you are required  to complete Part 2 for each TP or dependent. There is a shared responsibility payment calculated for each month a taxpayer/dependent did not have health coverage.  Entering the appropriate State exemption code for a taxpayer should cause the NOT to  assess a shared responsibility for that person.

Example:  If you show that a taxpayer only has health coverage March -December the 'X's for Jan and Feb would not be entered. The program will assess the shared responsibility for Jan and Feb.  

Entering the State exemption code of "B-1" on the Exemption code line should cause the program NOT to assess the shared responsibility calculation for that individual. It does not. The form that is being generated appears incorrect.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

@Skylane I'm checking in on this with support. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
0 Cheers
LinZee
Level 2

I have a 2 part problem on the NJ tax return in 2019.  The husband did not have health insurance but qualifies for the not affordable exemption and the wife did have insurance.  So my first issue is showing one person being insured and the other is not.  My second issue is the same as others have stated where the exemption code is not being accepted and it is showing a penalty for both of them.

0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Until they fix it (we hope)... I’m entering the exemption code  and showing the TP having coverage all 12 months so that the return calculates correctly....If it gets questioned down the road I’ll just blame Intuit and show NJ the documentation...

0 Cheers
namlew523
Level 2

saw your message and that IS what happens to my client, too!  Love the suggestion to mark all Months and explain that the Pro-Series program WAS the problem.  Why should client PAY a tax that wasn't correctly reduced because of Pro-Series Lack of Attention; appears they've Known about this for a while now.

0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

@IntuitAustin   Never heard back from you on this

0 Cheers
namlew523
Level 2

Sharing your pain; THEY TOLD me Monday that it'd be fixed in Day or Two

still not working 

0 Cheers
namlew523
Level 2

I've had the same problem.  in my case I inputted the =B1= Code and the Long =B= Exemption Code the NJ website issued my client.... Neither caused the system to Mark X on line 52 nor cancel the penalty

0 Cheers
namlew523
Level 2

READING THIS ITEM I NOTICED THAT IT STATED IT WAS A===MONTH=== AGO!!!!!

WHAT, I ASK WHAT HAVE THOSE CLOWNS AT PRO SERIES BEEN DOING ALL THIS TIME

I JUST ATTEMPTED TO DO THIS NJ CLIENT IN THE "PROFESSIONAL VERSION" AND IT DOES NOT WORK THERE EITHER!!!!!

WAS TOLD ==TWO== WEEKS AGO MONDAY THAT THIS PROBLEM [THEY CALL IT AN "ISSUE"] WOULD BE FIXED IN TWO DAYS

FOR MORE THAN 30 YEARS PRO SERIES WAS FANTASTIC, A "BIT" EXPENSIVE BUT FANTASTIC... THEN THE BOTTOM DROPPED OUT ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO..... I OFTEN WONDEER =IF= THAT NEW CEO HAS TAKEN A ===PAY CUT=== SINCE EVERYTHING WAS=FANTASTIC= UNTIL HE TOOK OVER

0 Cheers