Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is FBAR authorized for e-file in ProSeries Basics?

helenyin
Level 4

I need to file FBAR for my clients. However, when I created e-files, I didn't see FBAR being listed there. Did I miss any steps?

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
plrraz
Level 3

Hi

(btw, I went through tax season assuming the 15th was it, lol, not accounting for the fact it was Good Friday - whadda maroon, as Bugs Bunny would say)

Go to the Federal Information sheet - in part six, right under the state efile box, there is a box for electronic filing of the form 114

Then go to State, and select Foreign Bank Report Form 114.  Hope that helps. It is kinda wonky in that you have to efile the 114 by itself you cant include it in the fed/state efile.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
plrraz
Level 3

Hi there - yes it is in under state returns.

Have a great evening!

0 Cheers
helenyin
Level 4

Thank you for your reply. I entered all the information there. However, I don't know whether it's been e-filed. I only saw Federal and State e-files created. 

Do you know a way of checking it?

Thanks.

0 Cheers
plrraz
Level 3

You have to tell it to efile from the federal info sheet. Even then, you cannot print out the 114 at the same time, nor can you efile it with the fed and state - you have to efile it by itself (at least that is how I have always had to do it)

0 Cheers
Ken Wroblewski
Level 1

What is the process to efile the FBAR in ProSeries Basic if it is not included in the Federal efiling?

0 Cheers
Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee
0 Cheers
plrraz
Level 3

Hi

(btw, I went through tax season assuming the 15th was it, lol, not accounting for the fact it was Good Friday - whadda maroon, as Bugs Bunny would say)

Go to the Federal Information sheet - in part six, right under the state efile box, there is a box for electronic filing of the form 114

Then go to State, and select Foreign Bank Report Form 114.  Hope that helps. It is kinda wonky in that you have to efile the 114 by itself you cant include it in the fed/state efile.

0 Cheers
helenyin
Level 4

Thank you so much for getting back to me right before the due date. You saved my day!

0 Cheers