Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone having issues with Kansas K-40SVR automatically attaching to their KS returns?

I keep having an error when working on KS returns, the program is requiring a box be filled in on the K-40SVR which is the new version of Property tax relief claim for Senior and Disabled Veterans.  This form is only needed if the individual qualifies. I am having this form, which is not a required form for the K-40 to be filed, attach to individuals that do not qualify and thus making their KS return reject.  The rejection notice states that this form will not be ready until 2/9/23, but if you go to form availability, it is ready to go per Intuit.  Is anyone else having this issue??? If so, how did you resolve it?  I tried customer support, and they were unable to resolve this issue.  The ProSeries Basic version is also making the K-40S a required form, when it is only needed when it applies. I have read the KS instruction booklet for the K-40 and for the 3 different versions of the KS Homestead returns, K-40H, K-40PT & K-40SVR.  

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
MykMiller
Level 2

I believe at this point that the form is now able to efile, BUT why it attached to every return with errors is a pain.  I have to enter a zero on Appraised value and then a number higher than zero on line 12 to clear the errors.  I wish Pro Series would get this resolved.

0 Cheers