Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone else having trouble emailing PDF checklists through ProSeries 2022?

MargieC
Level 3

I also can't email a PDF tax return (not that any are finished yet, of course:)  I'm trying to determine if this is a problem with the new software or just me.  I am able to email from ProSeries 2021 from the same computer and email client.  Thanks for any insight!

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Intuit_YashK
Employee
Employee

@MargieC

If Mozilla Thunderbird is the default email client:

Please check "use 64 bit email client" in Tools ==> Options ==> General

And re-start ProSeries.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
26 Comments 26
dkh
Level 15

It's probably the new software because it is too early to expect it to work 100%.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Actually, it's too early to expect it to work 10% 😬

Slava Ukraini!
MargieC
Level 3

Thank you, dkh.  Are you able to email a client checklist through ProSeries 2022 at this time?

0 Cheers
MargieC
Level 3

Thank you, IRonMaN.  Are you able to email a client checklist through ProSeries 2022 at this time?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

No, but that could also have to do with the fact that I haven't loaded the 2022 version yet. 😉  I typically don't do anything with the software until the first part of January.

Slava Ukraini!
MargieC
Level 3

Thank you, IRonMaN.

IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

I have not downloaded the 2022 program yet. 

MargieC
Level 3

Thank you, dkh.

Intuit_YashK
Employee
Employee

Please share the error snapshot.

Also, please send the logs:

From ProSeries menu,

Help ==> Send Logs

And follow the prompt to send these via email to us. Thanks.

0 Cheers
MargieC
Level 3

Screenshot 2022-12-12.jpg

0 Cheers
MargieC
Level 3

yash_k, I just emailed the logs.  Thank you!

0 Cheers
Taxes-by-Rocky
Level 7

I suspect Intuit products are not yet ready for Windows 11.  I have the same problem with QuickBooks 2021 Desktop....which worked fine until I moved to Windows 11 about two weeks ago.  We're keeping a Windows 10 machine around for the meantime.

0 Cheers
MargieC
Level 3

Thank you, Taxes-by-Rocky.  I have Windows 11, and I can actually email from QuickBooks 2023 Desktop and ProSeries 2021 on that machine, but not ProSeries 2022.  Hope your problem is solved soon!  And thank you!

0 Cheers
Intuit_YashK
Employee
Employee

@MargieC 

Thanks for sharing the error snap and logs.

1) Which email client you have as default email?

You may find this here in registry: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail

2) Please share the snapshot of "Email Options"

Tools ==> Options ==> General 

0 Cheers
MargieC
Level 3

1.Screenshot 2022-12-12 125540.jpg

2. Screenshot 2022-12-12 125725.jpg

Affixa is my default email client.  It is MAPI-compliant (https://www.affixa.com/).  I can currently email from ProSeries 2021 on the same computer using this email client.

0 Cheers
MargieC
Level 3

Screenshot 2022-12-12 125725.jpg

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

What happens if you click on the box near the bottom for "use 64 bit email client"?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
MargieC
Level 3

Hi, IRonMaN. If I do that, I get a different error, "Send Mail Error", but the email does not send.  Thanks anyway!

0 Cheers
MargieC
Level 3

Hi yash_k,

Since I sent thouse earlier messages, I have downloaded Thunderbird and set that up as my default email and now I cannot email from either ProSeries 2021 or ProSeries 2022.  I'm trying not to cry.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.  Margie

0 Cheers
Intuit_YashK
Employee
Employee

@MargieC

If Mozilla Thunderbird is the default email client:

Please check "use 64 bit email client" in Tools ==> Options ==> General

And re-start ProSeries.

0 Cheers
UserID777
Level 1

Thanks!

MargieC
Level 3

I was never able to get ProSeries 2022 to work with Thunderbird or my MAPI-compliant email client.  During my 6 hours on the phone with Intuit tech support, they tried lots of things, eventually helping me to uninstall Thunderbird and install Microsoft Outlook 365 64-bit.  I can now email through both ProSeries 2021 and ProSeries 2022.  Thank you, Chris!!!  I hope this thread is helpful to other tax preparers.

Taxes-by-Rocky
Level 7

Hi Margie,

A belated response.

I was told by QB personnel that QB 2022 and 2023 would work with Windows 11 but not QB 2021.  [They wanted me to upgrade something that is/was only a year old.]

I don't know about PS 2021 or 2022.

We are holding on to the Windows 10 machine until someone at QB (PS) fixes the problem.

0 Cheers
MaryMatt
Level 3

I am having the same issue with emailing clients copies of their 2022 return.  I use Thunderbird and have always been able to email with that.  I can still do from 2021, just not 2022.  Was on phone with tech pros 3 times and final solution suggestion was to uninstall Thunderbird and purchase Microsoft Outlook 365.  I can do that, but still have a problem with purchasing a subscription that will continue into the future when it seems to be a problem for Proseries to correct.  I pay a lot for the service, and have for many years ( since before 2013).  

0 Cheers
Taxes-by-Rocky
Level 7

Just an update on the QB 2021 Desktop "Print to PDF" issue:

With the migration from Windows 10 to Windows 11, Microsoft no longer automatically installs "Microsoft XPS Document Writer" in the Windows 11 platform.  Hence, our QB 2021 Desktop and prior could not print and send invoices with PDFs attached through Outlook.  The error message from QB was "QuickBooks Missing PDF Component."  Tool Hub was unable to fix this problem but this article referenced below will walk you through the steps of reinstalling MS XPS Document Writer from within Windows 11 - its an "Optional Feature" found in App within Windows Settings (at the bottom of the page...where else).  Appears to be working.

https://www.limdynamics.com/blog/quickbooks-desktop-cannot-send-invoices-by-e-mail-in-windows-11

Hope it helps!

0 Cheers