Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone else have issues efiling NC s corps and partnerships? My program still won't let me efile.

Taxlady4
Level 3

Is anyone have issues with efiling NC s corps and partnerships?  It was supposed to be ready March 4, I still can't e file the returns.!! 

19 Comments 19
sariscpa
Level 4

I have not been able to file either.

Taxlady4
Level 3

I thought it was just me....At least I'm not alone!

0 Cheers
terrycpa
Level 3

I just tried refresh updates and that didn't help.  Hope ProSeries posts and updated efile ready date soon!

0 Cheers
T2Q
Level 2

Returns due in 9 days & we still can't efile! I have almost 200 awaiting efile. This is ridiculous! Making us look incompetent in front of our clients when their friends accountants have already filed. Looks like this might be my last year with ProSeries. 

terrycpa
Level 3

I checked with some other CPAs not using ProSeries and they cannot file North Carolina business returns either.  I'm guessing it may be a NCDOR issue.  Passing tax legislation in December definitely doesn't help anyone.

Kenipad1844
Level 2

Still cant file and the help desk is unaware that this is a software issue.

NC says it has been ready to accept these returns but it isnt obvious to those helping us! I Spent 4 hours on the help line and the final out come was that no one seemed to tell them Proseries wasnt ready!!!

We reinstalled all software and reloaded all clients before the help desk " discovered " Proseries wasnt ready with their software product!!

Hard to get a clear answer

Ken P

Taxlady4
Level 3

I had the same experience Saturday and wasted 3-4 hours reinstalling and got the same results!  So frustrating.  I wish Proseries would get it together!!!

0 Cheers
terrycpa
Level 3

North Carolina has now been updated!  We can finally send business returns.

sariscpa
Level 4

Thank you for the heads up!

0 Cheers
Taxlady4
Level 3

Have started to efile the returns, but they are all rejecting.

terrycpa
Level 3

Oh no!  I just checked and mine all rejected too!  Says there is a defect in the tax program and to wait until the next release.  **bleep** ProSeries!

0 Cheers
Taxlady4
Level 3

I think we all need a big refund from Proseries!!!  This is unreal.

0 Cheers
sariscpa
Level 4

I filed one partnership and one partnership extension today.  Both accepted.

0 Cheers
Kenipad1844
Level 2

I've been able to file S-corp returns but have 4 rejects on the Partnership returns- Looks like a Proseries issue yet again

0 Cheers
terrycpa
Level 3

I did receive a partnership approval overnight, so maybe those are okay and 1120-S are back on hold until NC and ProSeries works things out. 

0 Cheers
Taxlady4
Level 3

Yep, program defect.....I thought we were making progress.....wait until the next update.....deadline is in 6 days.....still having trouble in paradise!!!!!!!!

terrycpa
Level 3

Let's hope tomorrow's update works!

Web capture_9-3-2022_12317_prodldfp.proseries.com.jpeg

Kenipad1844
Level 2

They have been telling be "tomorrow's update " will fix it for 5 days and so far- no returns will efile!!!! help desk is unaware of the problem. I have had my system reinstalled twice- same rejections!!!

Ken Porter

LVSeltz
Level 2

I am having issues with filing 2022 partnership return for North Carolina with Lacerte

Reason is defect in program to be resolved after March 13, 2023

0 Cheers