Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS transcript

HOPE2
Level 8

Hi to all. New client sent me his last year transcript and his return as well. On his return he has 2 Children and 5 adult(parents and uncle...) as other dependents but on his transcript shows 2 Children and 3 dependents, 2 of them missed. He received a refund based on 5 dependents and 2 children and no adjustment.  

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
ljr
Level 8

What is your question?

IRonMaN
Level 15

@ljr I hope you get your answer, but careful what you wish for.

Slava Ukraini!
HOPE2
Level 8

when client check the IRS transcript 2 of 5 other dependents' name are are not there.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

but he got his full refund, so whats the problem?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
George4Tacks
Level 15

Maybe the taxpayer and spouse are not dependents?

Long ago I learned that answers are easy, but questions are very difficult.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
HOPE2
Level 8

Hi Lisa. The problem is, two of them (dependents) that are not on the transcript of the IRS; wants to show his/her transcript the USCIS. However, all dependents name are on tax return but two of them are not on transcript.

0 Cheers
HOPE2
Level 8

What was this? did not get it.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"all dependents name are on tax return but two of them are not on transcript."

Which two?

"On his return he has 2 Children and 5 adult(parents and uncle...) as other dependents"

Is that 7 people, total, then? Taxpayer, Spouse, 3 other adults or 5, 2 children....

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
HOPE2
Level 8

Thanks. Husband,wife and two children also 5 other dependents.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

So, all of those dependents did not appear on Page 1 of the return, right? There was an attached statement.

The IRS transcript probably does not have  the statement. I have had IRS auditors tell me they do not get everything from the transcript and appreciate it when I provide a hard copy. That won't solve your issue, though.

Ex-AllStar