Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to complete tax return using only the IRS transcripts. How do I enter w-2 income without the EIN or employees name, etc?

chapguy19
Level 4
The transcript only has the total of gross income, fed taxes, etc.
Thanks in advance, Christopher
0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

The IRS will provide unmasked Wage and Income transcripts when needed for preparing and filing tax returns. Unmasked Wage and Income transcripts fully display personally identifiable information such as the taxpayer's name, address, and Social Security number along with the employer's name, address, and Employer Identification number.  Here is a link for more info. https://www.irs.gov/individuals/about-tax-transcripts

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
it doesnt have info for each individual employer or income source? Are you sure you got a 'wage and income' transcript?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Shouldn't be hard to know the employee's name. You're preparing their tax return, right? 😀

And the transcripts do not include state tax withholding.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

If you don't know the employee's name, the return is only going to get tougher from there 😉

Slava Ukraini!
chapguy19
Level 4

I am using Pit Bull Software and it only offers me the W&I Summary report.  

Christopher

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
sorry, I didnt read the second sentence in your title....you need unmasked transcripts to see the EIN and employer info, I dont use Pitbull, so Im not sure if thats an option.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪