Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS is apparently hiring

PATAX
Level 15

Just got a general email from the IRS and it appears that they are hiring... Any takers?....

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PATAX
Level 15

I will settle for a job answering the phone there...

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

🤔 Me!! I'll be commissioner!!!

PATAX
Level 15

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

@PATAX wrote:

hahahaa!! No way, jose!! Cant pay me enough for that one. 

sjrcpa
Level 15

The hours and benefits are good.

Ex-AllStar
PATAX
Level 15

@garman22 it is better than opening up the mail... ...

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

@PATAX wrote:

@garman22 it is better than opening up the mail... ...

maybe......but the mail is not rude. Either one would suck.

PATAX
Level 15

@garman22 yeah with opening up the mail you may have job security for the next three hundred and seventy-three years considering what has been alleged to be a large amount of mail that is unopened... But as you know that is just my opinion

dennisj1
Level 3

Don't take the bait!  You spend one half of your time tracking how much time you spent on each case!  And you are hamstrung by the union (NTEU) rules that prohibit extra effort (i.e. voluntary after-hours work ) to catch-up on cases or tailor learning to your unique skills and abilities.

The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

I wouldn't want a job there no matter what the pay and benefits are, which is what I tell every agent that I get thru to on the Practitioner Priority line. It always gets a laugh and makes both our tasks a bit easier.