Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS form 8915 E

wes5
Level 2

Does anyone know if Pro Series will have IRS form 8915 E so we can report

client pension withdrawals that will not be subject to the early withdrawal penaltie

and the tax can be spread over the next 3 years??

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

For help with TurboTax, please go to the TurboTax Community

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"

View solution in original post

76 Replies 76
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im sure it will be included at some point.  The other 8915 forms show as being final on Feb 18th, so I would expect the 8915E to be available at a similar date, or soon thereafter.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
wes5
Level 2

I called proseries tech and they said they had no knowledge of

form 8915 E being added for 2020.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Its got to be, it will be a very commonly used form. Tech support doesn't "do" taxes, they just know the mechanics of the program.

I dont see it in the list of forms to be released yet, but they have all the other 8915 forms shown so I have no reason to believe it wouldnt eventually become available.

wes5
Level 2

It would be nice if we could get confrimation from Pro Series

because you are correct the 8915E will be a necessary form this year!

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitAustin or @IntuitBettyJo  can anyone confirm that the new 8915E will be included in the 2020 program?   

I have a hard time believing that it wouldn't, this tax change happened back in march, they've had plenty of time to get it in the works.

IntuitAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Checking in on this now Lisa

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitAustin   any word on this?

wes5
Level 2

This is such an important form this year, I sincerely hope 

intuit understands the urgency regarding this form 8915E

and intuitaustin comes thru for all of us.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If you look at the 1099R worksheet, theres a place to check that its a disaster distribution and it gives and error that the program isnt ready yet, so Im optimistic that it will be included.

wes5
Level 2

Lets hope intuit is paying attention otherwise 

we will have to stay on them.

0 Cheers
nappydrew
Level 1

21 days in... any word on this? It's a pretty important question, and it sort of feels like Intuit is dodging this. What's the deal?

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 11
Level 11

Its not in the release date for forms. Sure hope they get it by filing time, as I've already had clients asking about it 

wes5
Level 2

Let's hope that Intuit Austin follows up with a positive reply.

I checked with another friend who uses Drake software and

they had the form from the first download b/c it so relevant!!

nappydrew
Level 1

They're using a draft then, because the IRS hasn't even released the official version of the form yet.

robertvito5764
Level 2

8915-E will be available in Pro Series on 2/28/21

You can look up how to access and use it already within Community Help

Mamabear
Level 1

The latest from the IRS regarding form 8915-E... hope this info helps 

https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/alternative-filing-method-for-e-filed-returns-that-include-form-8915-...

emily2
Level 2

How can they show being final on the 18th, when it's only the 11th?

0 Cheers
netax2021
Level 1

Is it now 2/25/21 now?

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Is it now 2/25/21 now?"

Form 8915-E, Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments (Taxpayer) Final on 02/25/2021, EF Not Allowed

You also can go look:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/proseries/forms-finder/

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
qbteachmt
Level 15

"How can they show being final on the 18th, when it's only the 11th?"

@emily2 

The software is scheduled to have this form finalized on the 25th. Today's date is only used as relative to your expectation.

0 Cheers
Mamabear
Level 1

Supposedly Drake software has the form available. Which they must be running of the IRS draft version of the form. But to those mentioning Drake in their comments maybe this link will be helpful 

https://kb.drakesoftware.com/Site/Browse/15519/1040-Forms-8915A-8915B-8915C-8915D-and-8915E

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@Mamabear 

@emily2 

@pawireman 

Everyone who is Not a professional tax preparer using the Program called "ProSeries" to prepare their Clients' income tax return, Raise Your Hands? Now, put them back on the keyboard so that you can type in a different User Community, because this is for how to use ProSeries to prepare your Clients' tax return.

"Seems like they are sitting on it release until after the just approved 3rd stimulus check goes out, since they are using 2019 filings for elegibility unless you happen to file 2020 before the checks release"

They, who, are you referring to? 8915 has nothing to do with Stimulus Checks (EIP). It has to do with your client taking a distribution from a retirement account per the CARES act.

Please Note:

You seem to be lost on the internet.

You’ve come to a Peer User community for Intuit Tax Preparation products supporting tax preparation professionals using ProSeries, Proconnect and Lacerte , and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

Thanks.

0 Cheers
emily2
Level 2

Ooh, level 14, aren't you special. 

qbteachmt
Level 15

@emily2 

"Ooh, level 14, aren't you special."

Directing people where to go to get the specific help they need seems like something you should not need to criticize. At least I'm being Helpful.

You virtually walked into other people's Offices and started harassing them. How is that helping all the other people here that also are lost on the internet? That seems a bit Rude, really.

Be part of the solution, or be part of the problem.

0 Cheers
emily2
Level 2

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@emily2 

"which the question was asked about the 8915-e."

And Nothing Here applies to any program other than ProSeries, because this is a user group for using that specific program.

It's like complaining to Dog owners that we cannot help diagnose your sick iguana. Go to the user forum for the Programs and Software you are using, to get help on those programs and that software. You are lost on the internet, and I posted the Link.

We are not Traffic Cops. We are also Not Using TurboTax here. We cannot help you with it.

This is not a place for Tax Guidance.

We don't know who is holding up release of your forms.

And it helps to know the 8915 has nothing to do with stimulus funds. If you need links for stimulus funds, I have these resources to offer:

You seem to be lost on the internet. The info here is for using specific Income Tax Preparation programs.

Stimulus info can be found at these links:

https://www.irs.gov/payments/view-your-tax-account

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/second-eip-faqs

https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/articles/community-news-announcements/second-stimulus-resources/05...

And: "The IRS said you can check the status of your second stimulus payment at IRS.gov/GetMyPayment (GMP).

If GMP reflects a direct deposit date and partial account information, then your payment is deposited there. If the payment was mailed, it may take up to three or four weeks to receive the payment. Watch your mail carefully and be sure not to throw out your payment.
If GMP shows “Payment Status #2 – Not Available,” then you will not receive a second stimulus check and instead you need to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 Tax Return."

Here's a link to the image for seeing the payment(s):

An account transcript image example, which you can get for them or they can get for themselves:

https://www.irsmind.com/irs-notices/irs-transcripts-now-provide-stimulus-payment-information/

And for EIP:

Perhaps it would help to review what is really happening:

The funds were paid out as Advanced payment against a projection. The projection used 2018 or 2019 tax returns. But 2020 is the Actuals. You use the 2020 return to reconcile what a person is entitled to, against what they got.

If the person is not a dependent in 2020, then they would be entitled to the payment/credit. That doesn't mean "not being claimed." It means "no longer qualifies as a dependent."

You might want to bookmark these links and read the IRS guidance.

Interactive wizards portal for determining dependency:

https://www.irs.gov/help/ita

And:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payment-information-center-topic-a-eip-eligibility

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/second-eip-faqs#Eligibility

One for each EIP.

And for 8915-E, for ProSeries:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/retirement-tax-credits-and-deductions/help/generating-form-8...

We have lots of help to offer, none of which has anything to do with TurboTax. Because you are Lost on the Internet.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

I see @emily2  rather than be helpful to others, has chosen to delete her input here. That's why the rest of us that are part of the community are glad to point out you got lost. And that's why we copy messages we are replying to = for context, for the Help we give.

0 Cheers
pawireman
Level 1

The form 8915E was added to irs.gov on 2/11/2021. When will turbo tax update?

0 Cheers
emily2
Level 2

No it wasn't. That's a draft version and not file-able

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

This ISN'T the TurboTax message board.  What you see in here may not be true for Turbotax.

Please visit the TurboTax Help site for DIY support

0 Cheers
SDJayhawk
Employee
Employee

Hello, I'm an Intuit employee who works in content development on the business products.

Form 8915-E will be part of the individual product and, per the IRS is not an efileable form.  

rbynaker
Level 11

Wow.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

So in the 2019 program, the 8915A, B, C, and D are all included but no 8915E in 2020? Makes no sense.

@SDJayhawk will we be able to attach it as a PDF and make just make the proper entries on the 1099R worksheet to come up with the correct amount?

0 Cheers
SDJayhawk
Employee
Employee

We will support the Form 8915-E, which is not efileable.  We are in communication with the IRS to determine if the form can be attached as a PDF for this tax year. 

Spyder
Level 1

Any follow up on this? I have finished all my income tax documents except for this one forum that doesn’t appear to be ready from the IRS yet. This is the difference of $1,100 for me and I am sure there are thousands who will owe more if this forum isn’t available. This could also make or break me using TurboTax ever again if the most important forum of the year is not included....

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Spyder 

I think you may be in the wrong place...this forum is for tax professionals using Intuit's professional tax software, it appears you may be looking for Turbotax help.

Please visit the TurboTax Help site for DIY support and to follow the release dates for their forms.

IRonMaN
Level 15

"This could also make or break me using TurboTax ever again if the most important forum of the year is not included"

Actually this is a forum for professional tax preparers where we tend to use forms when they are available rather than attaching forums to tax returns.  So if you really want to **bleep**h about Turddotaxx, you might want to use their forum.   Your complaints are going to fall on deaf ears here.

Armpit sniffer. Yup, checked out the help wanted ads and found the job. With my nose, how can I go wrong?
ARIZONA71
Level 2

Any new information?

0 Cheers
robertvito5764
Level 2

Yes, attaching it as a pdf is the best way. Not only is this the instruction from Intuit but also the IRS

luthanh2001
Level 2

If it is not efilable, how do we file this form to reduce our tax obligation? 

thank you

ARIZONA71
Level 2

No Idea--I will file and amend later I guess--typical from our Government

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
IRS wont start processing returns until 2/12, why wouldnt you wait until then and see if the form is ready?

ARIZONA71
Level 2

I will wait to see-- I am no real rush but from what it sounds like it might be awhile

0 Cheers
luthanh2001
Level 2

same here. I was about to get it done quick to get it out of the way. I guess I'll have to wait to see if intuit will get the greenlight for efiling this form.

qbteachmt
Level 15

If you are using ProSeries, ProConnect or Lacerte software to prepare US income tax returns for your Clients, you are in the right place on the internet.

Everyone else is in the Wrong place.

You seem to be lost on the internet.

You’ve come to a Peer User community for Intuit Tax Preparation products supporting tax preparation professionals, and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

Thanks.

Then why are regular consumers able to access it?

qbteachmt
Level 15

"Then why are regular consumers able to access it?"

The professional tax preparers that pay thousands of dollars for their professional programs would like Intuit to answer that same question.

It's like you walked into a Country and Western Bar and want to learn Ballet. This just isn't the right place for what you want. You want TurboTax Help, if you are using TurboTax. That's how the internet works = community. Or, you want Facebook or some other generic community.

IRonMaN
Level 15

@Jessicaaregulatconsumer   - please get all of your friends and neighbors together to complain to Intuit about their stupidity to let folks into places that they shouldn't be let into.  They don't listen to us regularcustomers so maybe they will listen to you regularconsumers.  

Armpit sniffer. Yup, checked out the help wanted ads and found the job. With my nose, how can I go wrong?
qbteachmt
Level 15

Now, @IRonMaN 

Don't be so hard on yourself. After all, you are a "regularconsumers" from the perspective of using this nearly every day, since there seems to be no specific "tax season" any longer. Meanwhile, the TurboTax people will be done in just a few hours or even less, and won't need any help again for an entire year.

No one is as Regular as you are!