Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS form 8915 E

Level 2

Does anyone know if Pro Series will have IRS form 8915 E so we can report

client pension withdrawals that will not be subject to the early withdrawal penaltie

and the tax can be spread over the next 3 years??

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
16 Replies 16
Level 15
Level 15

Im sure it will be included at some point.  The other 8915 forms show as being final on Feb 18th, so I would expect the 8915E to be available at a similar date, or soon thereafter.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Level 2

I called proseries tech and they said they had no knowledge of

form 8915 E being added for 2020.

0 Cheers
Level 15
Level 15
Its got to be, it will be a very commonly used form. Tech support doesn't "do" taxes, they just know the mechanics of the program.

I dont see it in the list of forms to be released yet, but they have all the other 8915 forms shown so I have no reason to believe it wouldnt eventually become available.

Level 2

It would be nice if we could get confrimation from Pro Series

because you are correct the 8915E will be a necessary form this year!

Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitAustin or @IntuitBettyJo  can anyone confirm that the new 8915E will be included in the 2020 program?   

I have a hard time believing that it wouldn't, this tax change happened back in march, they've had plenty of time to get it in the works.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Checking in on this now Lisa

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitAustin   any word on this?

0 Cheers
Level 2

This is such an important form this year, I sincerely hope 

intuit understands the urgency regarding this form 8915E

and intuitaustin comes thru for all of us.

Level 15
Level 15

If you look at the 1099R worksheet, theres a place to check that its a disaster distribution and it gives and error that the program isnt ready yet, so Im optimistic that it will be included.

Level 2

Lets hope intuit is paying attention otherwise 

we will have to stay on them.

0 Cheers
Level 11
Level 11

Its not in the release date for forms. Sure hope they get it by filing time, as I've already had clients asking about it 

Level 2

Let's hope that Intuit Austin follows up with a positive reply.

I checked with another friend who uses Drake software and

they had the form from the first download b/c it so relevant!!

Employee
Employee

Hello, I'm an Intuit employee who works in content development on the business products.

Form 8915-E will be part of the individual product and, per the IRS is not an efileable form.  

Level 11

Wow.

Level 15
Level 15

So in the 2019 program, the 8915A, B, C, and D are all included but no 8915E in 2020? Makes no sense.

@SDJayhawk will we be able to attach it as a PDF and make just make the proper entries on the 1099R worksheet to come up with the correct amount?

0 Cheers
Employee
Employee

We will support the Form 8915-E, which is not efileable.  We are in communication with the IRS to determine if the form can be attached as a PDF for this tax year. 

0 Cheers