Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS form 8915 E

wes5
Level 2

Does anyone know if Pro Series will have IRS form 8915 E so we can report

client pension withdrawals that will not be subject to the early withdrawal penaltie

and the tax can be spread over the next 3 years??

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

For help with TurboTax, please go to the TurboTax Community

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"

View solution in original post

76 Comments 76
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im sure it will be included at some point.  The other 8915 forms show as being final on Feb 18th, so I would expect the 8915E to be available at a similar date, or soon thereafter.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
wes5
Level 2

I called proseries tech and they said they had no knowledge of

form 8915 E being added for 2020.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Its got to be, it will be a very commonly used form. Tech support doesn't "do" taxes, they just know the mechanics of the program.

I dont see it in the list of forms to be released yet, but they have all the other 8915 forms shown so I have no reason to believe it wouldnt eventually become available.

wes5
Level 2

It would be nice if we could get confrimation from Pro Series

because you are correct the 8915E will be a necessary form this year!

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitAustin or @IntuitBettyJo  can anyone confirm that the new 8915E will be included in the 2020 program?   

I have a hard time believing that it wouldn't, this tax change happened back in march, they've had plenty of time to get it in the works.

IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni
Checking in on this now Lisa

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Its not in the release date for forms. Sure hope they get it by filing time, as I've already had clients asking about it 

wes5
Level 2

Let's hope that Intuit Austin follows up with a positive reply.

I checked with another friend who uses Drake software and

they had the form from the first download b/c it so relevant!!

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitAustin   any word on this?

wes5
Level 2

This is such an important form this year, I sincerely hope 

intuit understands the urgency regarding this form 8915E

and intuitaustin comes thru for all of us.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If you look at the 1099R worksheet, theres a place to check that its a disaster distribution and it gives and error that the program isnt ready yet, so Im optimistic that it will be included.

wes5
Level 2

Lets hope intuit is paying attention otherwise 

we will have to stay on them.

0 Cheers
SDJayhawk
Employee
Employee

Hello, I'm an Intuit employee who works in content development on the business products.

Form 8915-E will be part of the individual product and, per the IRS is not an efileable form.  

rbynaker
Level 13

Wow.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

So in the 2019 program, the 8915A, B, C, and D are all included but no 8915E in 2020? Makes no sense.

@SDJayhawk will we be able to attach it as a PDF and make just make the proper entries on the 1099R worksheet to come up with the correct amount?

0 Cheers
SDJayhawk
Employee
Employee

We will support the Form 8915-E, which is not efileable.  We are in communication with the IRS to determine if the form can be attached as a PDF for this tax year. 

Spyder
Level 1

Any follow up on this? I have finished all my income tax documents except for this one forum that doesn’t appear to be ready from the IRS yet. This is the difference of $1,100 for me and I am sure there are thousands who will owe more if this forum isn’t available. This could also make or break me using TurboTax ever again if the most important forum of the year is not included....

ARIZONA71
Level 2

Any new information?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Spyder 

I think you may be in the wrong place...this forum is for tax professionals using Intuit's professional tax software, it appears you may be looking for Turbotax help.

Please visit the TurboTax Help site for DIY support and to follow the release dates for their forms.

IRonMaN
Level 15

"This could also make or break me using TurboTax ever again if the most important forum of the year is not included"

Actually this is a forum for professional tax preparers where we tend to use forms when they are available rather than attaching forums to tax returns.  So if you really want to **bleep**h about Turddotaxx, you might want to use their forum.   Your complaints are going to fall on deaf ears here.

Slava Ukraini!
luthanh2001
Level 2

If it is not efilable, how do we file this form to reduce our tax obligation? 

thank you

ARIZONA71
Level 2

No Idea--I will file and amend later I guess--typical from our Government

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
IRS wont start processing returns until 2/12, why wouldnt you wait until then and see if the form is ready?

ARIZONA71
Level 2

I will wait to see-- I am no real rush but from what it sounds like it might be awhile

0 Cheers
luthanh2001
Level 2

same here. I was about to get it done quick to get it out of the way. I guess I'll have to wait to see if intuit will get the greenlight for efiling this form.

qbteachmt
Level 15

If you are using ProSeries, ProConnect or Lacerte software to prepare US income tax returns for your Clients, you are in the right place on the internet.

Everyone else is in the Wrong place.

You seem to be lost on the internet.

You’ve come to a Peer User community for Intuit Tax Preparation products supporting tax preparation professionals, and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

Thanks.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.

Then why are regular consumers able to access it?

qbteachmt
Level 15

"Then why are regular consumers able to access it?"

The professional tax preparers that pay thousands of dollars for their professional programs would like Intuit to answer that same question.

It's like you walked into a Country and Western Bar and want to learn Ballet. This just isn't the right place for what you want. You want TurboTax Help, if you are using TurboTax. That's how the internet works = community. Or, you want Facebook or some other generic community.

IRonMaN
Level 15

@Jessicaaregulatconsumer   - please get all of your friends and neighbors together to complain to Intuit about their stupidity to let folks into places that they shouldn't be let into.  They don't listen to us regularcustomers so maybe they will listen to you regularconsumers.  

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

Now, @IRonMaN 

Don't be so hard on yourself. After all, you are a "regularconsumers" from the perspective of using this nearly every day, since there seems to be no specific "tax season" any longer. Meanwhile, the TurboTax people will be done in just a few hours or even less, and won't need any help again for an entire year.

No one is as Regular as you are!

rcfox
Level 2

My IRS Stakeholder Liaison sent me a list of forms that can be attached for efiling.  It includes Form 8915-E.  (It also includes Forms 8915-A through D.)  I'm happy to forward this to you (Intuit) if you wish.  (The list is for the MeF [Modernized efiling] system.)

qbteachmt
Level 15

"I'm happy to forward this to you (Intuit) if you wish."

But this is Not Intuit tech support, customer support or even Programming. This is a Peer User Community. You are not "sending" anything. You are posting on the internet. You likely are getting email notifications that the topic has updated replies.

wes5
Level 2

I would greatly appreciate if you could forward our concerns to

Intuit so management can clearly understand that not

having the 8915E form is a big deal to our community.

0 Cheers
rcfox
Level 2

I'm well aware of that. My hope is someone at Intuit will read this and get in touch with me.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@wes5 

"I would greatly appreciate if you could forward our concerns"

@rcfox 

"I'm well aware of that. My hope is someone at Intuit will read this and get in touch with me."

Uh, sorry; once again, We are You. We are the same as You. You are being updated through a discussion group of Peer Users that the program you are using is not even finalized. That means there would be no reason to forward anything to anyone until they have the chance to finish their product. Keep watching this Peer User Community for the topics of interest to you, to see the latest info. An Intuit person will have "intuit" as part of their username label, for instance.

qbteachmt
Level 15

Here's a link to Forms and program release update schedule, as well; you should bookmark and monitor this:

https://myproconnect.intuit.com/releasedates

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
8915E isnt even in the list at all

0 Cheers
wes5
Level 2

It appears that we all missed the "released date" for 

the 8915E form on 02/18th.  So, we can catch

our breath again and hopefully intuit will update the

forms list on 02/18 and include the 8915E form

Thank you qbteachmt

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Well, I'll be darned....there it is....not in any particular numerical order  LOL

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

I use Ctl F, then select that the global option is to Highlight, then enter 8915. Not any specific letters.

I just reread this entire topic and there is nothing different in the link I provided: "

Form 8915-E, Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments (Taxpayer)Final on 02/18/2021, EF Not Allowed

"

This topic and others, as @Just-Lisa-Now- knows, have not changed the basic info already provided by Intuit here on the forum.

1. The program isn't done.

2. The forms are not done.

3. They are checking into efiling as a pdf.

4. They are checking into the required link between the form and the value, so that deleting the form, including it as pdf, won't eliminate the ability to fill in the value manually.

@Just-Lisa-Now- 

Is that all, as I summarized it?

Because this all exists on the community topics, and the references provided by Intuit. There is nothing more to submit anywhere.

MariaR
Level 3

@rcfox Does the list you received include Form 7202 by any chance? I think it's the same situation as Form 8915-E. Form 7202 is the credits for sick leave and family leave for self-employed individuals and I'm sure there's going to be quite a large number of these as well.

Not being able to e-file or at least attach as a PDF is going to put people in a very bad situation if we end up having to give hardcopies for clients to mail in.

0 Cheers
dillonk1
Level 1

Ironman, you complaints about regular customers using the PROOOOO forum will "fall on deaf ears"  We all just want to file the 8915-e and finish our taxes. This forum allows us all to see that its an IRS problem and not an intuit problem, cheer up boss, you are getting paid to file easy forms for people.

IRonMaN
Level 15

@dillonk1 

But why are you folks posting questions here?  You paid for a box to do your tax return for you so why don't you talk to the box?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
dillonk1
Level 1

I didn't post a question here. And I didn't pay a box. I bought some software, because I'm not a tax professional, but it seems you are buying software too. And I'm not sure I would say you are professional either.

IRonMaN
Level 15

No, you didn't post a question here.  You found an existing question posted by another box person and then felt the need to try and insult someone that you know absolutely nothing about.  Good luck on that tax return of yours ------------------- using Turddotaxx you will need all of the luck that you can find.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@dillonk1 

"you are getting paid to file easy forms for people."

Uh, no. There is a significant difference between TurboTax and Professional tax preparation software; likely about 3000 different Forms and regulations.

"I bought some software, because I'm not a tax professional"

Right, so you paid for something what, around $100 or less? Meanwhile, you are harassing people doing their jobs and using the internet to help each other use their tools, and their tools cost, oh, maybe $11,000 this year.

Did you really want to start a comparison war? Did someone walk into your office space and start harassing you while you are at work?

nappydrew
Level 1

21 days in... any word on this? It's a pretty important question, and it sort of feels like Intuit is dodging this. What's the deal?

0 Cheers
nappydrew
Level 1

They're using a draft then, because the IRS hasn't even released the official version of the form yet.

jdrigge71
Level 1

Hi,

I’m just a regular guy doing my own taxes through TurboTax, also waiting for the release of Form 8915E; I spoke with person at IRS (Retirement/Pension Department) on Friday 1/29/21 and was told form would be available 2/1/21. Hope this helps.

0 Cheers