Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iowa Partnership

Royal
Level 3

We now have the Iowa program for  partnerships--  the program shows a $200 penalty--

How do I get rid of this?

Also no efile until February 24 is a real hassle.     We usually had all these return filed by January 31

before the  crush of individual returns started.

6 Comments 6
sls593
Level 2

I have the same issue....$200 late filing fee.  Tried various things (showing extended, entering Iowa efile acceptance dates) no luck getting it removed.  Help!!!

Royal
Level 3

I just did an override of the amount on page 6 line 48.

0 Cheers
sls593
Level 2

The question is will you be able to efile.  Usually ProSeries doesnt allow a return efile with an override.

0 Cheers
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

Overrides will be allowed to go thru the e-file confirmation process.  You do have have to answer the question that overrides are in return; do you want to continue.  Errors will not pass the confirmation process unless you choose disable error checking, but overrides will.

So I have been overriding them all because it is a little too early to charge clients a late filing penalty.  Nice to see them released for printing though.

Anybody got an extra old computer to send to programming department?  Because anybody can see the error right away when you open Iowa.  I just hope people have refund monitor on, because it would slip past otherwise.

MootsIowa
Level 1

We are just using the override function. We made a call to Proseries and they said they won't fix it until the Feb 24th release!! UGH!!

Not much help here in Iowa with trying to get Farm partnerships completed so that we can complete farm tax returns. ProSeries support couldn't grasp that concept!!

Also not a big fan of the new look.

taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

Yeah the new look is quite unimpressive.  Gov. Reynolds probably had something to do with it.  There are only a few items necessary on Iowa p'ships that are different than federal.  Yet they print out gibberish like we are supposed to change everything.

0 Cheers