Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iowa Partnership Error

jfarians
Level 2

I just wanted to point out that ProSeries is incorrectly putting my firm's EIN in the "Preparer's PTIN" box on the Iowa Partnership return (Page 8). It would also be nice if the "Preparer's Name (Printed)" would autofill with my information like it does on the federal side, but overriding the incorrect PTIN is a bigger issue.

2 Comments 2
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

Mine works fine.  PTIN and name is printed on page 8.  I last updated yesterday when 4136 was released.  So either you have newer bogus filled update or you are behind in updates.  And the Iowa p'ship is not quite ready anyway.  But my info is good.

jfarians
Level 2

Thank you for the reply! I update every morning, but it still is leaving the name not filled in, and putting our EIN instead of my PTIN on page 8. Like you said, we can't e-file until the end of the month anyway, but I'll just keep an eye on it/override until my version gets it right.

Good luck with the rest of your season! I'm glad that Iowa decided to change this....

0 Cheers