Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iowa Activity worksheet

lschmitt
Level 3

We are still getting an error that prevents Iowa efiling on the Iowa Activity Worksheet.  Error says that the form is not ready to be efiled due to a change in the federal form.  There is no date given for an update only that "it should be available soon".  I am guessing that my "soon" and their "soon" aren't they same.  Anyone have any insight on this?

22 Comments 22
The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

@IntuitAustin do you have any info on this issue with the PS21 Iowa module?

0 Cheers
INTJ
Level 3

I have the same problem with the hosted ProSeries.  

It would be helpful to get an ETA on when this will be corrected/fixed.

0 Cheers
sdsl
Level 2

I have the same problem.  Seems like it is for Schedule E.

0 Cheers
sdsl
Level 2

I am using Proseries 2021 IA Version 2021.1.0.0 and have the same issue

Royal
Level 3

It looks to me like most of these returns have differences between federal and Iowa income due prior Iowa depreciation rules.   I am just paper filing the Iowa as I do not have time to wait til lord knows when for them to fix this.

0 Cheers
JMac2021
Level 2

I am having the same exact issue! Wish we'd have an ETA... 

The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

@IntuitGabi  Do you have any info on this issue with the Iowa 1040 module?  Thank you.

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

I'll look into this. In the meantime, try Turning off error checking for Electronic Filing.
I hope this helps! 

0 Cheers
JMaubach
Level 3

@IntuitGabi   We are experiencing the same issue.  For us, it occurs in returns with Schedule F that use Form 4562A and Form 4562B.  The Iowa efile information does not list this worksheet as one that is not ready for efile.  Has ProSeries let this error message slip through the cracks?  Can you elevate this to your development team for an immediate fix?  We have quite a few of these returns with Schedule F whose due date is next Tuesday March 1.  Would appreciate a quick response as we do not wish to convert to paper. 

IntuitGabi

@JMaubach "The Iowa efile information does not list this worksheet as one that is not ready for e-file"
Can you post a picture or describe what error are you receiving? Thanks! 

0 Cheers
INTJ
Level 3

This message has been an issue for a few weeks now, if not longer.

ProSeries_Issue_2022.02.24.JPG

JMaubach
Level 3

Iowa Worksheet error.jpg

KHH
Level 2

I am still getting this error on Iowa Acitivity Worksheet . does anyone have a suggestion? Farmers tax return due on March 1.  thanks

JMac2021
Level 2

I get the same message on the Iowa Activity Worksheet for both Schedule C and Schedule E businesses. "This form is not ready to be filed due a change in the federal form. It should be available soon." Requesting an eSignature through Proseries always fails due to the error. 

2873wheatland
Level 2

I too keep getting this message and it is now Feb 25.

Old50441
Level 1

Continues to be an issue. 2/26/22.

The suggested work around of turning off efile conversion error checking while converting/transmitting works. Was able to successfully transmit Iowa returns.

0 Cheers
2873wheatland
Level 2

This did work for my issue. Thank you!

0 Cheers
2873wheatland
Level 2

I did this work around and yes it did solve my issues on filing the Iowa returns. Thank you.

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

Okay, we figured out the reason the error is popping up on 4562A and B on the IA activity worksheet is because it's linked to 8582 which is not ready yet. On the forms finder page it says it'll be final on 03/03/2022. 

0 Cheers
INTJ
Level 3

Well, I guess it's good that the reason is known for the error.  That being said, there are Schedule F tax returns due 03/01, so the 03/03 "final" isn't going to work.  So I guess we turn off the conversion error checking to allow e-filing?

0 Cheers
Level 3

Has anyone figured out the Iowa Activity Worksheet problem?  I still can't file my farmers, Due TODAY! 

Jean Anderson
0 Cheers
JMaubach
Level 3

The suggested work around of turning off efile conversion error checking while converting/transmitting works. Was able to successfully transmit Iowa returns. Just be sure you don't have any other errors except for this particular issue!

0 Cheers

0 Cheers