Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iowa 1040

Greg5799
Level 1

Iowa Form 1040 activity flowthru from Federal 1040 showing an error.  Farm returns are due 3/1/22 and Proseries just says that this error will be corrected soon.  Any suggestions.

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
IntuitGabi

What error are you receiving?  

0 Cheers
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

@IntuitGabi It is the same error message as the last post you answered about this.  While it is true you can disable error checking and it will probably go thru, do you think that is a good Intuit policy.  What if there are other legitimate errors in return such as e-filing the franchise tax credit or others. Or better yet maybe we should just get rid of error checking completely.

Of course we will be forced to disable error checking by Tuesday in order to get the returns in by the due date.  I can't post a screen shot, but look at the last Iowa post on this where you got 2 screen shots.  Also the error has nothing to do with the passive loss form not being ready.  Someone must have a computer in your tech department to see this error.  otherwise I have an extra one to donate!

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

Is this the conversation you're referring to--Iowa Activity worksheet

The most recent information I have on it is the IA activity worksheet is linked to 8582 which is not ready yet. On the forms finder page it says it'll be final on 03/03/2022. 

0 Cheers
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

Yes it is the Iowa activity worksheet.  And no it is not linked to 8582.  It happens when there is no 8582 present.  And of course 3/03 won't work when we need them filed by 3/01 anyway.