Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intuit, Why Are You Failing to Keep ProSeries Updated to Support Windows 11 Security Patches

octg-john
Level 1

Our Win10 workstations function properly,
but all of our Windows 11 workstations (Starting the third week of June)
would always crash when attempting to save or print tax returns on ProSeries 2021, 2020 & prior.

We tried restarting the computer, reinstalling ProSeries in the workstation, reinstalling ProSeries on the server. The phone operator could not fix the problem in the 6 hour phone call I had.

After spending another 12 hours of searching,
we discovered the fix was to uninstall the new Windows 11 updates:
Update for Microsoft Windows (KB5027119)
Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB5027231)
(Uninstalling it once doesn’t work, but uninstalling twice seems to work)

It has been over a week since the issue started,
& we are still not able to update our Windows 11 workstations
to the new Windows Security Update.

-john

4 Comments 4
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

The common turn-around time for ProSeries to fix a problem is about 2.5 weeks.  But when it involves a Windows update, it sometimes takes longer.

But that is AFTER they realize it is a problem.  They might not even know it is a problem yet.  And unfortunately, this forum is not the best place to report problems because the employees that are able to fix things are often not here.  So you may want to call Support to let them know of the problem, and of the 'fix' that you figured out.  Then wait three weeks and hope they fix it.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitGabi  I think this needs to be brought to someone's attention

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
lori3
Level 3

They are aware of the problem. They explained to me 3 weeks ago they knew it was because of a Windows 11 update. 2022 tax year is 64 bit based. All previous years are 32 bit based. Due to the Windows 11 update, it is a problem with 32 bit based programs. I was told I would be added to the notifications to keep me updated on the status of the problem. I haven't heard anything since 3 weeks ago when I spoke to someone who knew what was happening. The only way I can work with 2021 and prior years currently was to uninstall the Windows updates and then put the updates on pause in the meantime. Of course, this is not ideal as it is keeping my system from crucial updates.

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

This might be related to this thread here: Windows 11 updates 2021 not saving, Windows 11 latest update (KB5026446 and KB5027119) and ProSeries Prior year programs. 

Thank you for your patience as we're researching this. If you're able to send us the log files it'll help us find the root cause. Open up your ProSeries TY21 application, and click help, then Send Logs. This will create a log file on your desktop. Please E-Mail this log file to proseries_engineering@intuit.com so we may continue to investigate this unexpected behavior. 

0 Cheers