Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intuit Link

sharpcougar
Level 3

I wanted to see what's everyone experience is with Intuit Link?  How do you use it? A lot of practitioners are going in the direction of a CRM like TaxDome but I"m not sure. Interested in your thoughts?

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
dascpa
Level 11

I've posted this question multiple times over the years.  Not one person has ever replied.  I took that to mean it's either not worth it, or it's another add-on feature that breaks.

0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

I’ve been using IL for about 5 years… each year more clients opt to use it. Not perfect but very functional.

from the client side it seems reasonably user friendly but a handful of clients have trouble figuring it out… clients can upload (and label) individual documents, statements, etc. 

It took a while to fit it into my workflow but I’m pretty happy with it. (So far it hasn’t broke)

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

@dascpa  I’ve been working remotely for a few years… paperwork that comes in the mail, fax, or is dropped off all gets scanned to a client folder. Saving docs that are uploaded to IL is pretty simple and fast. You have to develop your own workflow but i think it’s pretty useful.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
GodFather
Level 8

I'm new to ProSeries, having used it the past two filing seasons.  Each season, I also used Link.  I like the portal.  It's fairly easy and straight-forward.  My clients find it easy to use as well.  

A couple functionality issues I wish they would add:

- The ability to create folders within the document section so we can populate the folder we create with files.  Right now, it seems you only upload files and they all populate on the same page one after another.  It would be nice if we had the ability to create some organization and I think folders would go a long way to help. 

- I'd also like to know when a client has viewed the document I upload.  Is there a way to see that?

I'm sure there are a few things I'm missing but overall, I like Link.  It's definitely a time saver and since it's part of the ProSeries package, there is no added cost. 

ljr
Level 8

we've been using it for a few years now. It is okay for the most part. There are some things that could be better but other than a few clients that can't figure it out it works fine. Most of my clients still mail or dropoff their papers. 

mom4evr
Level 2

I started using it this year. It is fairly simple and as others have said some clients found it confusing to use.  Especially if they are not too computer savvy. 

I like the auto questions which populate from their previous Tax Return. You can add additional questions to make it more personal to them.