Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Connection Error

Harriet59
Level 2

Since yesterday, ProSeries Basic is not connecting to internet.  I get "Internet Connection Error - a connection attempt timed out".  Internet works for everything else.  I've tried turning off Firewall, etc. and it still will not connect.  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

15 Comments 15
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Have you done a hard reboot (power off) of your modem to reset it?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Harriet59
Level 2

Yes, I have rebooted moden/router several times.  Everything else is working perfectly.  ProSeries is only thing that won't connect.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

hmmm, does it let you log in like its connected to wi-fi but you just cant transmit, or can you not log except for logging in offline?

jaftax
Level 3

I am having the same problem with  pro series professional, it will not let me logon to the Internet so I had to work all day off-line.  

PATAX
Level 15

You may want to Call your internet service provider and tell them that your Internet is slow ... I believe sometimes the" internet juice" slows down but I'm not sure... I would call..., but you do what you want to do,... just my opinion

0 Cheers
Harriet59
Level 2

I can only log in offline. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitAustin  I feel like we've seen this before, I dont see anything in the Tools Hub for this...any suggestions?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
So you can't Efile any returns, right? It still tells you you dont have an internet connection?

0 Cheers
Harriet59
Level 2

I wasn't able to Efile any returns the past 2 days.  However, this morning it did connect to internet and I was able to send them.  Internet was working as I was able to do anything else that required it.  ProSeries was the only thing that wouldn't connect.  I do remember this happened a year or two ago.  At least I'm able to catch up today.

Thank you. 

Harriet59
Level 2

It did happen before, but apparently it wasn't affecting everyone this time.  I was able to login this morning and been able to catch up on my Efiling.  I hope you are able to as well.

Jonesin1
Level 4

FYI......

From what I have learned about this it is a problem with someone using a MAProSeries is all on the Windows side...soooo

I had this issue today..we done absolutely everything I could think of and finally with no luck I suggest a system restore back to 10/16/22 and it was working for him fine earlier today...the restore point worked as it obviously took out an update that had caused this issue!!! WHEW>>>> I'm happy as can be...and so is he!

0 Cheers
Jonesin1
Level 4

that is supposed to sap MAC PRO is the system they were on.

0 Cheers
Brian_Christian
Employee
Employee

Hello @Harriet59 ,

This could be what we might call a "realm" issue. 

There is a file in ProSeries I want you to find and rename. Its called Olac.ini, and its located (most likely) in the C:\BasWin22\common folder. 

Shut down your Basic product

Rename it to something like Olac.ini.old and restart ProSeries. It will have to re-build that file with login information. 

Hope this helps.

taxservice4u
Level 1

the link which helped me.

Firewall configuration and internet access for ProSeries (intuit.com)

when I called tech support - they told me issue was because I was using wireless internet (have been always online via wireless for past 2 yrs. with proseries 2020 and 2021 without this kind of issues)

Added Proseries as app which I allow access to, and it is working fine now. 

Jonesin1
Level 4

I can also tell you if you let your computer sleep on a constant and do not power down you will have this issue as well