Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input return tab

TaxLaw
Level 4

I am attempting to use Form 843 in ProSeries to get to Miscellaneous Forms HELP

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

An 843 wont get processed along with an EFiled return.   Why are you using the Form 843?

If youre requesting penalty abatement, you should mail that 843 along with the penalty letter to get it abated.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im not sure 843 is  included in ProSeries.  You'll probably need to get it from the IRS website.

0 Cheers
TaxLaw
Level 4

Mt Professional ask Inuit told me Go to the Input Return Tab and then claim for refund (843)

0 Cheers
TaxLaw
Level 4

Did it and now need to add to a folder BUT I am drawing a blank even after 40 years using Intuit

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im not sure what youre asking, are you trying to attach an 843 to a tax return?  Thats a separate form that gets filed, you dont send it with a tax return.

TaxLaw
Level 4

Intuit under help explained how to generate Form 843 request for Abatement of penalties.

Quote 'Go to the Input Return tab.'

Help where is it? Keyboard or?

0 Cheers
TaxLaw
Level 4

There is no Input Return tab in Professional ProSeries. Use the E-file attached scanned files.

So I downloaded *.pdf Form 843 from IRS website, filled out, sent to clients to sign and date then return for me to amend their filing.

Thank You for your help.

Stay Safe

Dr. Charles Hills, JD

0 Cheers
TaxLaw
Level 4

There is no Input Return tab in Professional ProSeries. Use the E-file attached scanned files.

So I downloaded *.pdf Form 843 from IRS website, filled out, sent to clients to sign and date then return for me to amend their filing.

Thank You for your help.

Stay Safe

Dr. Charles Hills, JD

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

An 843 wont get processed along with an EFiled return.   Why are you using the Form 843?

If youre requesting penalty abatement, you should mail that 843 along with the penalty letter to get it abated.

TaxLaw
Level 4

Thank You Lisa

0 Cheers
TaxLaw
Level 4

Went to homebase and deleted file. Perfect solution

0 Cheers