Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect calculation Minnesota form M1SA line 16 Charitable contributions other than cash

jfcamm54
Level 1

Preparers in MN who have used Schedule M1SA Itemized deductions.

Be aware that charitable contributions on M1SA line 16 for non-cash donations (e.g. appreciated stock to a charity subject to the 30% of AGI rule..........the donation is NOT properly flowing from Federal Sch A  line 12. 

Non-cash donations for charities that fall under the 50% rule are being picked up correctly, but not for non-cash donations to charities under the 30% of AGI rule e.g. donations to Donor Advised funds.

Tried to make Intuit aware of problem on two different cases -- but frankly they really did not want to be bothered. 

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
jfcamm54
Level 1

By the way, I have spent a good 4-5 hours on the phone trying to resolve this situation, plus sent Intuit two (2) sanitized files trying to show what is occurring on MN form M1SA plus the fact that Sch A line 12 is not flowing properly.

Intuit's last response to me:

I sincerely apologize that the protocol and correct process to get this reviewed further by development requires an approved internal team members approval for escalation which all agents involved on the prior cases have provided that permission.  If you already followed the instructions to submit a calculation challenge I'm sorry to say that's its DOA (dead on arrival because there was not accompanied escalation to the tax department) and this will only be completed if the appropriate channels and procedures are met, please return call front line technical support with case 1598716976 to get an approved calculation challenge to complete otherwise I apologize this matter is going no where and is closed.
Amanda
ProSeries Support Team

Unbelievable response.  You used to be able to talk with the technical team and resolve these kinds of issues.   

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

Thanks for feedback. I've passed this a long. It's been reported and will addressed in an upcoming product release. 

0 Cheers