Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing. Tries to get the documentation from the financial institution and keep getting "That form wasn't found - You can ask the financial institution if you'll get the form and return to import it when it's available."

Juliewish
Level 2

I know the 1099B is available and it's up and running.  When I tries to get it, keep getting message "That form wasn't found - You can ask the financial institution if you'll get the form and return to import it when it's available."  In fact, when I tries with different software, it worked but not with ProSeries Basis.

I have been on the phone with ProSeries representative for over 2 hours, but the problem still no solved.  have not direction nor what to do in next except to enter line by line?  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

13 Comments 13
21BDC
Level 1

This is my experience as well. neither end can see our problem.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You could have entered it all manually in less time than youve sat on the phone.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
wmtsang
Level 3

Same is my experience with Proseries Professionsl. No good response from Proseries for so much money. Sometimes i feel they are doing it intentional to promote TurboTax. My 50 clients are pending because of this.  NOT Happy...time to change...

wmtsang
Level 3

It looks like proseries did not  push updates for 1099B import. None of my friends who are using proseries can IMPORT.  Proseries...PLEASE HELP.  This is effecting our business.

johnm
Level 3

Not helpful Lisa nor correct. My clients 1099-B has over 400 transactions.

When will this be resolved Intuit?

ddavisak
Level 1

Just curious....was anyone able to make headway with Intuit on this today?  I have Fisherman taxes due on Monday the 2nd and some large volume of transactions to manually enter if they don't get it fixed.  I just tried it again so I know it's not working yet, but just wondered if they are troubleshooting it or if more of us need to call them.

0 Cheers
Juliewish
Level 2

I don't think it's working yet.  Every time to call and will be on phone for more than 2 hours.  The person on other line has no answer to fix the problem but insist that is the broker house problem.  I told them it's not other side problem but Intuit because ALL importing are not working included the W2s.  When I use other software to upload, they are working prefect!  I am thinking to go with other software next year as the price I paid and the service I got. 

0 Cheers
wmtsang
Level 3

Agreed.

0 Cheers
Sam2
Level 2

One of the reasons we pay for the software is for it to perform tax computation for us. Of course we can enter everything manualy, but we payed to have it done automatically.

wmtsang
Level 3

Please ask them to give us PDF Scan Import for free till they fix it. They can not spare $1k and because of them our business is effecting in thousands.

johnm
Level 3

Fantastic idea to see if they are willing to stand by their customers in times of significant need. Give us the pdf scan for free until Intuit fixes the 1099-B div & int downloads. 

0 Cheers
Sam2
Level 2

I was finally able to Import my 1099 Fidelity information. The problem is all of it was not imported. 1099-Misc was not imported (substitute payments in lieu of interest). If I hadn't gone over the return line by line I would never had caught this. This software is useless to me. A client could sue me for this type of mistake.  

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Its always been that way with imports, you HAVE to verify that everything thing imported properly (which is why many of us don't use it and manually enter everything, its just easier than babysitting the imported figures)....Intuit cant control what the banks make available for importing.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers