Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Illinois not picking up returns

rcooley25
Level 11

Last night i e filed 4 tax returns and they were accepted by the IRS almost immediately.

Now here we are noon on April 18th and it still says tax returns sent to the state.

Has anyone else having this problem?

Should I show a little more patience or should I get on the horn to intuit?

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

I filed a couple dozen returns last Friday… accepted by IRS but NJ is apparently on vacation 

@rcooley25 , if the ef center says returns sent to state i think it’s best you can hope for….

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
PATAX
Level 15

Pennsylvania always takes a few hours or so. I wouldn't worry about it states usually come in later

0 Cheers
JRFS
Level 2

I have had similar issues.  I find NY, PA, & NJ there is a delay.  I usually get the federal acceptance right away, but those states seem to take awhile.  That being said, the past few days I have seen NY accepted within 24 hours, which has not been my experience throughout this tax season.  Not sure why all of a sudden they accept returns faster.  

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

@rcooley25 wrote:

Last night i e filed 4 tax returns and they were accepted by the IRS almost immediately.

Now here we are noon on April 18th and it still says tax returns sent to the state.

Has anyone else having this problem?

Should I show a little more patience or should I get on the horn to intuit?

Arent you an Illinois preparer? Is this your first day at the rodeo? Illinois is getting slammed along with everyone else. 

I've got a NJ thats been sitting for 72 hours. It'll get accepted. I have submission proof anyways. 

rcooley25
Level 11

NO this is not my first rodeo.

This is the 54th tax season that I have been envolved with,

I efiled a return in the morning and it is accepted by the federal right away. Granted it takes the states longer than the federal but I have never seen it take this long before. If this was not the deadline I most likely not be worried about it.

It appears that we have the same type of people working in New Jersey as we do here in Illinois.

I would recommend you try and be a little kinder in your responses

JRFS
Level 2

Did you try to update acknowledgements?  I've had something similar where "sent to state" lingers.  I go into my efile, highlight the client(s), and click "update acknowledgements", and 9 out of 10 times it comes back accepted.  Hopefully that will work for you.  If not, I do see some states take longer than others to accept.

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

@rcooley25 wrote:

NO this is not my first rodeo.

This is the 54th tax season that I have been envolved with,

I efiled a return in the morning and it is accepted by the federal right away. Granted it takes the states longer than the federal but I have never seen it take this long before. If this was not the deadline I most likely not be worried about it.

It appears that we have the same type of people working in New Jersey as we do here in Illinois.

I would recommend you try and be a little kinder in your responses

Thats the pot calling the kettle black. I've seen some of your responses to others. Must have thicker skin this late in the game. 

rcooley25
Level 11

Going by your recent response I think it is safe to say that this tax season has taken its toll on both of us,

Lets declare a peace treaty and smoke the peace pipe.

PATAX
Level 15
Brother Cooley you are number one☝
0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

Brother Cooley you are number one☝

0 Cheers