Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to find and restore 3 clients at the end of the alphabet to my 2018 clients data base from a reinstall of the program because of a corrupt client file. Thank you.

wayne718
Level 1

Missing clients from a reinstalled 2018 program in basic required because of a corrupt file there.  Thank you.  I can't find those clients at the end of the alphabet since I reinstalled the program.  Please help.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

I'm unsure what you mean  by missing but..Proseries data files are housed under your prowin18 it baswin18 folder depending on if you're using proseries professional it basic under the corresponding data folder (unless you manually saved elsewhere) and your files will end with 18i for individual, it 18s for scorp etc. If you need to search your directory. 

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

I'm unsure what you mean  by missing but..Proseries data files are housed under your prowin18 it baswin18 folder depending on if you're using proseries professional it basic under the corresponding data folder (unless you manually saved elsewhere) and your files will end with 18i for individual, it 18s for scorp etc. If you need to search your directory. 

0 Cheers
wayne718
Level 1
Thank you for answering me on this.  I appreciate that and my tax package is basic.
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
Ok. Let me know. No problem
0 Cheers
wayne718
Level 1
Hi Ashley,   Appreciate your time.   When I reinstalled proseries 2018 basic before I did that I saved or called the original files BasWin18OLD and I see those lost or not recovered clients in that folder.  How do I get them into the current active database where the rest of my clients reside.  Thanks again.  can I do a transfer out of that old file into my now active client file.
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
You could copy the files from old and paste into the new proseries folder exact same location but be sure to grab BOTH the data file and the corresponding pmd it pmb file (can't remember which it's called) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:  but that should get you good to go:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
Let me know
0 Cheers