Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I MISTANKENLY CHOSE DC WHICH I HAVE NOT AND WILL NOT NEED OR USE I MEANT TO CHOOSE WEST VIRGINA HOW DO I CHANGE THIS WITH NO ADDED COST?

walton1967
Level 1

how do I change one of my states with no added  cost

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
poolcleaner
Level 9

Call 1-800-434-6818 and when asked tell the person on the line that you need to have some of your PPR changed.  After that be prepared to wait a while.  They should be able to transfer the money from one state to another.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
12 Comments 12
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
@walton1967 Sorry - I do not know.  but i noticed someone must be working now as your other Q disappeared.
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
:joy::joy:
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
There's a not so new sheriff in town and her name is Ashley.
Now wouldn't be a bad time to call Intuit to fix that issue though.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
W R O N G.....Ashley is a pirate, not a sheriff.  Different methods of law "enforcement".   ARRRRRRRGGGGHHHH :smile::smile:
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Well, if Walton comes back dripping wet, we will know someone did indeed walk the plank.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
I :heart: you guys.... That being said there is a process and as mentioned below contacting customer service, they can assist with thisHeart
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
Thanks for wandering by with a broom & cleaning this place up earlier :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
walton1967
Level 1
 Hey Intuit Don’t you think being open on the weekends during the tax season might be a good idea it’s bad enough that when you call In  it takes an hour hour and a half on hold to get to talk to somebody  maybe if you were open on the weekends it would help from being on hold forever during the week  
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
They are open on the weekends.  I provided the hours on the sweet love letter you posted earlier. Although that post is gone, a simple Google search will provide the link with the hours.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
Hi @walton1967 we were open until 5pm Eastern today. If you didn't call well be open again tomorrow at 9am Eastern.

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1617365-proseries-hours-of-operation
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
@walton1967

"Don’t you think being open on the weekends"?   They ARE, or were....perhaps you called to early, and now they have closed for the day.  
I truly don't believe the world will end today JUST because you selected the wrong state for REP and can't get it fixed immediately.

Re-REP the return for the correct state & get it done.

Your mistake will be credited back to your account in a reasonable time.
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 9

Call 1-800-434-6818 and when asked tell the person on the line that you need to have some of your PPR changed.  After that be prepared to wait a while.  They should be able to transfer the money from one state to another.

0 Cheers