Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm all caught up now

IRonMaN
Level 15

Every year about this time I break into a cold sweat wondering how I am going to get all of these returns out by the April due date.  Thanks to my friends at ACME, I found the answer to my dreams.  I ordered it last week and it came today.  Now when client files start building up, I just toss them into my ACME Super Office Shredder and my problems just disappear.  For any clients asking how their return is coming that ended up in the shredder, I just convince them that they never brought it in.  Why didn't I invest in one of these years ago?  For anybody interested, I have some coupons you can use if you want to buy one for your office.

shredder.jpg

Slava Ukraini!
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dascpa
Level 11

For the first time in a while I laughed.  Thank you for relieving my grumpiness, as least for a moment or two.

View solution in original post

29 Comments 29
itonewbie
Level 15

That must be what they call outside the box thinking!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

And when I'm done thinking I can shred that box too!

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

Does it 'shred' snow ?  THAT's what I need help with right now, especially since I have until Oct 16th to complete all the tax returns.  Which would be just great except for the issue of cash flow :-).  Plus, those getting refunds are not inclined to wait.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm sure with a couple of ACME adapters it could be converted to a snowblower.

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Oh, can I have a coupon to buy one?

Have you seen those secure drop off boxes that some people install outside of their offices?  The kind where your client can just put their items in that 24/7 to drop off with you?  I'm considering installing one of those, but putting a big shredder inside of it.

IRonMaN
Level 15

That's a good plan.  Just make sure there is a delay in the shredder starting up so they don't hear it.

Slava Ukraini!
itonewbie
Level 15

Didn't I see it in the ACME catalog that they have a model that comes in stealth mode?  Better still, the cost of instant delivery is included!

When your customers come, they won't notice that the shredder is there.  The stealth model works so well, even you'll forget you have it in the office.

I think that's the one Bill should consider.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

If he wants stealth he should steer away from ACME.  From what I understand the stealth team all transferred over from the rocket division.  As we all know, rockets were never ACME’s strength.🚀

Slava Ukraini!
dascpa
Level 11

For the first time in a while I laughed.  Thank you for relieving my grumpiness, as least for a moment or two.

IRonMaN
Level 15

"Thank you for relieving my grumpiness, as least for a moment or two"

I didn't that that was possible, but I'm glad I was able to provide some temporary grumpiness relief 😀

Slava Ukraini!
rcooley25
Level 11

More time for fireball drinking.

IRonMaN
Level 15

You always seem to find time for that. 😁

Slava Ukraini!

I don't need a coupon for a shredder.  I need a coupon for Fireball.  Because of the recent run on all stores in IL by a certain tax preparer, those few remaining stores with Fireball have significantly raised their prices.  I won't call those stores out by name because the certain tax preparer I am referring to will buy their remaining inventory and I will be parched for the next month.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I always thought your name referred to frustration with Intuit, now I realize it is due to the Fireball situation in IL.

Slava Ukraini!
rcooley25
Level 11

I am frustrated with Intuit. That is why I drink Fireball in order to forget.

IRonMaN
Level 15

But lighten up a little.  It sounds like the rest of the folks in IL are going to have to switch over to moonshine because of your Fireball usage.

Slava Ukraini!
rcooley25
Level 11

That is their problem. After all, first come first served.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I just hope if you have decided to be cremated when you die that you have left plenty of notes for everyone to stand back once they light that fire.  I'm thinking with all of that Fireball absorbed by you, you are going to burn fast and hot 🔥

Slava Ukraini!
rcooley25
Level 11

What is the problem with your files? All you have to do is put them in this large cardboard box and set them in the garage right behind your corvette.

IRonMaN
Level 15

But I don't have a Corvette.  Can I put the box behind my Yugo?

Slava Ukraini!

I don't have a Corvette.  I lost my tax girlfriend.  Some savvy tax preparer bought up all the Fireball within 500 miles.  That is why I am frustrated in IL.

Oh well, at least I have a shredder!

IRonMaN
Level 15

As long as you have a shredder, who could ask for anything more?😁

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers

Well, the tax girlfriend was nice.  She was low maintenance.  The shredder constantly needs oil.

IRonMaN
Level 15

It's just looking for a little attention.

Slava Ukraini!
itonewbie
Level 15

"Can I put the box behind my Yugo?"

@IRonMaN Is your Yugo in puce?

Still an AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

Do you mean they sold it in colors other than puce? 😳

Slava Ukraini!
The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

Ok. I need to get rid of about 50 banker boxes solid full of paper.  What would be the quickest, most economical way to permanently dispose of this material?  I need someone who can relate first-hand experience with a solution that worked well.  

I have occasionally encountered shredding trucks parked in the local bank parking lot.  Can these type of shredders chew up entire bankers boxes one at a time?

What works for you?

dkh
Level 15

I've used the "shredding trucks" and was very pleased.   

They emptied my boxes into a large container (looks like a trash can), wheeled out to the truck in my driveway, container is emptied into the truck and immediately shredded.  There is a camera view of the process.  I could see my papers drop in and shred.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

The shredding truck visits us every 3 months -  it works well.

Slava Ukraini!