Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting an error when I try to efile that say I have an error in my return but I do not. I have run the final review several times and it shows not errors. Does anyone know how to fix this? I can't get through to technical service.

dwood42
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rodneylee
Level 2

Yep - this is the answer.  It's new this year - you have to check the box indicating your PTIN is correct (verified).  Ran into this a couple weeks ago.  Try it - I bet it solves your problem.  I spent hours with customer support before I found someone who knew about it.

View solution in original post

10 Comments 10
PATAX
Level 15

Hit the error button as well as the review button.. Check both the federal and the state..If you are sure that there are no errors in the return, then you may want to disable the error conversion checkbox... Just my opinion

dwood42
Level 2

Thanks.... I have tried this and still no luck

PATAX
Level 15

Judging by the multitude of posts on this forum, there are many people with software and other issues this year.... just my opinion

rodneylee
Level 2

Have you been able to successfully e-file other returns besides this one?

0 Cheers
dwood42
Level 2

No.  I tried to file one and it rejected because of expired drivers liscense, then I tried three more and they all had this error message.  Maybe I can get someone in technical service tomorrow.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Did you do the new step required this year - verify your PTIN?   Tools>Options>Firm/Preparer Info    look for the pink box near your PTIN#

rodneylee
Level 2

Yep - this is the answer.  It's new this year - you have to check the box indicating your PTIN is correct (verified).  Ran into this a couple weeks ago.  Try it - I bet it solves your problem.  I spent hours with customer support before I found someone who knew about it.

dkh
Level 15

@rodneylee   isn't that ridiculous you had to waste so much time with support for something that should be one of the first things they suggest since it is a new process this year.   I've answered several posts with the same efiling problem that the PTIN verification was the solution.    

rodneylee
Level 2

Did the suggestion regarding your PTIN work for you?

0 Cheers
dwood42
Level 2

Thank you for you help.... I spent an hour on the phone this morning with a tech and we finally figured out that this was the problem.  I made sure I got up and called first thing so I could get through.  I spent two evenings trying to get through, on hold for over an hour each time with no answer before I got frustrated and hung up.  This morning first thing I called and got right through.  But this was the very last thing that we checked.  I am just glad it worked.

0 Cheers