Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSA

470pitt
Level 3

I have posted this question before but am still having problems. I removed the amount however my client made the extra because she is over 55 but it is showing the $100 as a tax on the return.

What am I doing wrong  Thank You

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
rbynaker
Level 13

It's hard to tell from way over here where I'm sitting.  Maybe try using the Windows Snip & Sketch (or older Snipping Tool) to grab a screen shot of what your Form 8889 looks like.  Make sure you don't get any personal info (but that should be pretty easy).  Then post it here. 

dkh
Level 15

Did this client also have HSA distributions?  If yes, the tax isn't by chance on that.  Have to check the box for Full or Partial qualified medical expenses.

qbteachmt
Level 15

"It's hard to tell from way over here where I'm sitting."

Because the original topic, which already has some good guidance, should have been updated and instead, a new topic is started by the person for the very same issue already running, here:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/hsa/00/250012

As noted, you should go to that topic @470pitt  and make your updates, and that way, everyone who has been helpful and anyone wanting to be helpful can see what has already been covered.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.