Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove a state program from my computer?

Bonnie
Level 3

I downloaded 3 individual states returns onto my stand-alone computer, and now want to delete/remove them. How do I do this? (I've already removed from the list of states to update.)

TIA for your suggestions

Bonnie

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You will NOT lose your clients files.

Close ProSeries and use Windows Add/Remove Programs

Find ProWin 20XX and click Uninstall. It will act like its going to uninstall the entire program, dont panic, it wont! It will open another window that lets you choose which part to uninstall. Find module and uninstall it.

Now restart the computer, and start Proseries back up and Log in, go to Install > Download New Products and make sure that the box is checked for the module you want to install, click Next.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dkh
Level 15
Bonnie
Level 3

In Windows11, it asks you several times if you want to uninstall ProSeries 2023, and never gave a choice of modules. After several questions about "Are you sure?" I chickened out. So it appears that this is not working for Windows 11.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

That's what I meant by it will act like its going to uninstall the whole thing.   

You can wait and call support in the morning and they can walk you through it.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dkh
Level 15

Did you check out the Intuit link in my post? It explains how to select just a state to uninstall....like Lisa told you.

Bonnie
Level 3

dkh- that would have worked if I'd been given the choice of programs to remove. My computer only showed Individual 1040. Period. End of story. I did speak with a 1040 person at Intuit this morning, and we spent 1 1/2 hours renaming the filed for 2023, removing it from the Windows Settings guide, and reinstalling everything, all ProSeries programs. Then we had to get the program to "find" my files (which I keep in a separate folder in Documents).

It was a BIG DEAL, not the simple process you outlined. BTW my rep at ProSeries thought that your suggestion should have worked. But it didn't. Don't know why.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Bonnie