Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reinstall the program

onthe1stt
Level 2

I received the following message when trying to launch 2020 ProSeries Professional tax software:

sentry_crashpad:dll was not found. Reinstalling the program make resolve the problem.

How due I reinstall the program?

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

This error doesnt ring any bells for me, I dont see it in a google search either....Id try this before reinstalling.

Close ProSeries, then go to the Windows programs menu and use the REPAIR Updates option under the menu heading for ProSeries 2020.....see if you just got a bad update that fouled something up.   Using repair updates, flushes out previous updates that may not have installed correctly, and downloads/installs a fresh copy.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

This error doesnt ring any bells for me, I dont see it in a google search either....Id try this before reinstalling.

Close ProSeries, then go to the Windows programs menu and use the REPAIR Updates option under the menu heading for ProSeries 2020.....see if you just got a bad update that fouled something up.   Using repair updates, flushes out previous updates that may not have installed correctly, and downloads/installs a fresh copy.

onthe1stt
Level 2

Thank you!

I've installed a fresh copy and things are now working fine.

deb4
Level 3

I am having trouble reinstalling the program.  It will not download from 2019 and I cannot get it to install from the disc

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Have you logged into your Intuit Online account and tried to download/install from there?  

https://accountants.intuit.com/login.jsp?product=support-ps

0 Cheers