Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to print Organizers from ProSeries to SmartVault (specific folder)?

ERIC J
Level 3

I can print Proseries Organizers to SmartVault.  However, I cannot change the specific folder the document is printing to.  Does anyone know how to change the default folder?  

By example, SmartVault allows client viewing access to be granted to certain folders.  My default goes to a folder in my folder template that is not set up for client viewing access.  It's extremely inefficient to move all these pdf documents manually client by client into the correct folder.  

Thanks!

Eric

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
dascpa
Level 11

If this is the first 2022 "tax" item sent to SmartVault (SV) then SV creates a new "engagement folder" called TY22.  It then should send it to a subfolder of "Client 1040 Organizers" or whatever you have set up in the master folder set up.  To grant access  to folders (I have zillion download only folders and one only upload folder in my system) you have to work with SV to set this up.  They will remote in and work with you.  They're very helpful.  

After the initial setup - one time only - every year all Organizers go to the correct year and subfolder, automatically.

In my system I have a folder structure as follows:

My Upload of Documents to XXX CPA (Upload and Download)

Permanent File (Download Only)

TY20

Client Tax & Accounting Documents (Download Only)

2020 1040 Tax Organizers (Download )nly)

TY21

etc.

TY22

etc.

0 Cheers