Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enter a 1099-LTC

salminca
Level 1

My client received a 1099-LTC.  Box 3 Reimbursed amount is checked, NOT Per Diem. The amount on the 1090-LTC is $29,022.00.  Her incurred expenses for the year total $103,425.  How do I enter the 1099-LTC?  Do I enter it on form 8853?  In itemized deductions, under medical expenses, line 6, do I enter total out of pocket costs for her long term care?  Do I enter out of pocket expenses above and beyond the $29,022.00 she received from her Long Term Care insurance company.  I am more than confused on this one.  I have reached out to many people and nobody has a cut and dry answer.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
qbteachmt
Level 15

Here is your Help article:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/form-1099/help/1040-entering-information-from-form-1099-ltc/...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I read the instructions on the back of one of those 1099LTCs a loong time ago and if its marked Reimbursed, I dont enter the form in the program, I enter the total medical expenses on the Sch A Medical Expenses worksheet, then put the the dollar amount from that 1099LTC on the line for reimbursements on that same worksheet.

If its marked Per Diem then you may have some taxable income and the 8853 may be needed.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
salminca
Level 1

This was great information.  It makes total sense.  That's exactly what I did.

Thank you so much.  You've answered this question when a lot of folks I turned to could not...