Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add seasonal tax preparer to Proseries?

Llanira Alvino
Level 1

Hello! I'm getting ready for the upcoming tax season and would like to have seasonal tax preparers. I'm wondering how do I add them to my license, without them seeing my client list & providing restrictions to client data. They will have their own PTIN but will be filing under my EFIN. I was able to find the feature to add/modify user roles but all the screens/access look the same. I would want the seasonal tax preparers to just see their clients they obtain and not see my client list. 

Thanks alot!!! 

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I don't think it is possible.

You can password protect your the file so they can't access those clients, but they will still be able to see them.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

"I would want the seasonal tax preparers to just see their clients they obtain and not see my client list." 

Are you reviewing prior to Efiling?   or are they just employees working under your EFIN with their own clients?

Theyd have to be on a stand alone installation of ProSeries on their computer, then theyd only have access to the returns on that computer.  

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
tax2020
Level 1

Its now 2024 and Intuit hasn't fixed this problem in Proseries Basic. What does it take? 2050?

0 Cheers