Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you e-file CA Form 3519 Payment for Automatic Extensions for Individualswithout having to pay via electronic withdrawal?

Busy123
Level 3

I have a client that is projected to owe California state income tax and would like an extension to file. He does not wish to use electronic withdrawal. He is projected to owe far less than the $20K required for mandatory e-filing. ProSeries Basic is insisting that a payment must be e-filed with the extension (via electronic withdrawal). California state extension e-filing was rejected due to banking information and dates to withdraw not entered. My client has never used Direct Deposit or Electronic withdrawal.

I have provided my client with the CA FTB Form 3519 Payment for Automatic Extensions for Individuals to mail in his payment. Will the mailing of CA FTB Form 3519 Payment for Automatic Extensions for Individuals with payment suffice as the extension request?

If not, how do I e-file CA FTB Form 3519 Payment for Automatic Extensions for Individuals without electronic withdrawal?

Note: I've selected "No" for all forms of direct deposit and electronic withdrawal on the federal information worksheet.... However for some reason the California state information worksheet automatically checks "Yes" for electronic payment with extension efiling.

The Federal Form 4868 Application For Extension Time to File, with no tax liabilities projected to be due, has been efiled and accepted by the IRS.

Thank you

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

CA only wants an extension if you're sending money with it. No taxes due, no extension needed.

Mailing it with payment is fine.

"However for some reason the California state information worksheet automatically checks "Yes" for electronic payment with extension efiling."

Make sure you dont have CA selected for EF the extension.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Busy123
Level 3

Thank you Lisa.

0 Cheers