Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I update my firm address so that it reflects on Pro Series tax returns?

flopez22
Level 1

Hello all, 

I stopped renting an office, so now I only work from home. My question would be is how can I change the address to reflect on Pro Series when filing returns, and do you guys recommend not using a home address? What kind of address would you recommend if I longer have an office?

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
sewcpa
Level 5

Others (like Just Lisa and IRMN) have recently suggested to similar askers that Intuit will set up the change only when you forward Intuit the confirmation of the address change with IRS EFIN application/change form.  I think that we are supposed to notify IRS within 30 days of address change so you will need to decide quickly what your address will be.

Also choosing the address has been discussed recently on this blog.  And whether you could use a PO Box or if it needed to be a street address. I do not remember what the decisions were.

You may also need to do the address change with state licensing (NY, CA, OR and other state tax filing requirements) and professional license boards (CPA)

All of this encourages me to stay put for another 33 years to avoid what you have to do.

Good luck

flopez22
Level 1

This helps out tremendously, thank you!

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Once youve got it changed on your EFIN application, you'll need to upload that Summary to Intuit to get it updated in the program

https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/business-address/register-efin-intuit-e-fil...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers