Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG. ProSeries is forcing advertisements on us.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Did ProSeries really just sent out that yellow-banner "Alert" to ADVERTISE for E-Signature?

That is completely unacceptable.

1.jpg

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@IntuitBettyJo 

@IntuitAustin 

When did ProSeries become an advertisement-supported software?  Does this mean ProSeries is going to refund our payments, now that it is being supported by advertising?

IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

Thanks for your feedback @TaxGuyBill. We'll make sure to pass it along to the right stakeholders. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
0 Cheers
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

Hey @TaxGuyBill 

I was able to get some additional context on this. 

We've got an increased amount of contacts about customers inquiring on how to use esignature. The alert was sent as an informative post and not meant to be a marketing ploy. Thank you for your feedback! 

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I don't care what they "meant" it to be, it was an advertisement.   And despite what they told you, I believe it was meant to be an advertisement.

And that certainly should NOT be an "alert".  If they want that as part of the "news", fine.  NOT AN ALERT.

And at the same time, we are NOT alerted when there is horrible problems with the software.  Have we been alerted to the error in the program about Kiddie Tax?  Have we been alerted to the error that the program gives Recovery Rebate Credits to some taxpayers with dependents over age 16?  Have we been alerted that we should NOT be tinkering with Unemployment due to the new law until the IRS gives guidance?

The "Alerts" needs to "alert" of something very important.  NOT for general "how do I use a feature of the program".

Seriously, I want you to followup on this and ask if we are getting refunds because the program is turning into a ad-supported software.  Most of us have it closed, but on the right-hand side of the screen it is constantly advertising for paid add-ons.

Not acceptable for expensive, professional software.

IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni
This is currently an area we are working on improving across products, thanks for the feedback, I will make sure to get this over to that team.

0 Cheers
gsscpa
Level 2

You guys have a lot of improvements to do across your product line!!!!

I have been using Proseries for +20 years and this is by far the very worst year I have ever had with with using PS. The hosted environment sucks! Lost returns, program crashing, terrible interface with SmartVault, Hosted Support on different hours then "normal" support, customer service asking me if I want to cancel my subscription when I call to tell them about all of the issues I've been having this year, ect, ect, ect.

The list goes and on about how terrible PS/Intuit has been to work with this year.

PS keep raising the price each year and but the experience keeps getting worse.

The answer to your survey question concerning "Does Intuit/Proseries care about me as a client" to a resounding NO this year!!!!

sfane
Level 2

The advertisements for e-signature are unacceptable. How to turn them off !!!

0 Cheers