Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I transfer ProSeries programs and files to new computer

Highlighted
Level 1

how do I transfer programs and files to a new computer

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

You'll want to use Backup/Restore from within ProSeries to backup your client files to a flash drive.   

Use Windows File Explorer and copy the HOMEBASE and COMMON folders to the flash drive as well.

On the new computer, Log into your ProSeries (https://www.intuit.com/sign-in/) account and download/install Proseries on the new computer.  

Once its installed, copy/replace the HOMEBASE and COMMON folders from the flash drive to the new computer (use Windows File Explorer) and then use Backup/Restore within PS to restore the client files to the new computer from the flash drive.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

You'll want to use Backup/Restore from within ProSeries to backup your client files to a flash drive.   

Use Windows File Explorer and copy the HOMEBASE and COMMON folders to the flash drive as well.

On the new computer, Log into your ProSeries (https://www.intuit.com/sign-in/) account and download/install Proseries on the new computer.  

Once its installed, copy/replace the HOMEBASE and COMMON folders from the flash drive to the new computer (use Windows File Explorer) and then use Backup/Restore within PS to restore the client files to the new computer from the flash drive.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1

Hi

What size flash drive do you think I should use?

thanks 

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

Where do I find the backup/restore from within Pro Series?  I also want to to do previous years.  Can I reinstall the program disk on the new computer and just transfer the files over?

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

where in Pro series do I find where to download the files?

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

The Backup/Restore in Pro series?

0 Cheers