Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I retreive a tax return that I just finished and when it asked do I want to save, I hit the wrong button.

kathyclubb
Level 1

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If it asked if you wanted to save and you said NO, youre stuck re-doing the return. 

There is no copy saved anywhere, you told it not to save it, sorry.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
rcooley25
Level 11

Start trying to process that tax return again.

And what might happen you will get a notice about something that was not finish and would you like to install where you left off.

Goopd luck

rcooley25
Level 11

Dis regard my earlier answer. I agree with Lisa that you will have to start over.

The instruction that I previously gave you applies to a completely different situation.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

thats only if the program crashed while you were in the client file.....when you tell it not to save, it listens to you  😕

PATAX
Level 15

I thought it automatically saves it every 10 minutes or so the so-called automatic backup?

rcooley25
Level 11

You are absolutely right.

I have already sent him another post telling him to disregard my previous answer.

Man it is rough getting Old.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@PATAX wrote:

I thought it automatically saves it every 10 minutes or so the so-called automatic backup?

It does, to save you if the program crashes, but if you tell it not to save, it doesn't. 

I make changes to returns all the time to see what would happen if someone didnt have a dependent or had soc security income, then when I exit I choose NO, because don't want it to save any of that.