Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Sale split into 4 parcels - one parcel Land Contract

dkh
Level 15

Help please.

gain on 3 paid parcels exceeds the $500,000 exclusion

if I enter all 4 parcels on Home Sale Worksheet and check the 6252 installment sale box on Home Sale Worksheet it throws everything to 6252.... doesn't seem correct to then enter principal received for the 3 paid parcels

Can I just enter the 3 paid parcels on Home Sale Worksheet and the land contract parcel on 6252 since the exclusion is used on the 3 paid parcels

I need a nap.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

"Can I just enter the 3 paid parcels on Home Sale Worksheet and the land contract parcel on 6252 since the exclusion is used on the 3 paid parcels"

I don't see a reason you can't.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
sjrcpa
Level 15

"Can I just enter the 3 paid parcels on Home Sale Worksheet and the land contract parcel on 6252 since the exclusion is used on the 3 paid parcels"

I don't see a reason you can't.

Ex-AllStar
PATAX
Level 15

I have one on extension. I have not completed one in a while. This is the second time I'm typing this since it **bleep** up to that. Hopefully this third time typing it will work. What a joke.

dkh
Level 15

Thank you @sjrcpa    After overthinking the whole process,  I then wondered if I was underthinking it by splitting it into home sale and 6252.

PATAX
Level 15

Looks like the clowns at intuit will not let me type my message in. WTF.

dkh
Level 15

PATAX   I think they're doing it on purpose trying to drive us over the edge.

To type the word they keep bleeping, leave a space between each letter of the word 

sjrcpa
Level 15

I can't figure out what got bleeped. I'm pretty sure you weren't swearing.

Ex-AllStar
PATAX
Level 15

What I wanted to say was what is on the 1099-S that was issued? Which method better matches up to that ? For some reason it keeps entering "bleep" when I type that in. Why is it saying "bleep" when it's not a bad word? Time to go to sleep early.

sjrcpa
Level 15

It's been happening to a lot of us lately.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

What a bunch of **bleep••.  ••bleep**Intuit for this ••bleep•• ••bleep•• useless **bleep** forum and this stupid ••bleep•• censorship that is **bleep••.  

Since Intuit is censoring everything, I thought I would just type bleep and let everyone reading this fill in the bleeps with their favorite cuss words.

Slava Ukraini!