Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I report the sale of a one commercial unit that is combined with another unit in Asset Entry?

david3
Level 7

A two unit commercial building was combined in Asset Entry. There was a 1031 exchange for one of the units and the other unit was sold later in the year.

How do I report the sale so that each unit is reported separately on the appropriate exchange/sale date?

Thank you.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@david3 wrote:

Is it as simple as creating two new asset entry sheets with each unit's respective information and then deleting the combined Asset Entry worksheet?

Yes, that is what you need to do.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
sjrcpa
Level 15

First, uncombine them in Asset Entry.

Ex-AllStar
david3
Level 7

I thought I would need to split out the assets in Asset Entry and looked for instructions on uncombining assets but found nothing.

I don't want to do anything that will mess up the reporting in PS so how do you uncombine assets?

Is it as simple as creating two new asset entry sheets with each unit's respective information and then deleting the combined Asset Entry worksheet? Or will deleting that AE wksht create a problem?

Thanks for your help.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@david3 wrote:

Is it as simple as creating two new asset entry sheets with each unit's respective information and then deleting the combined Asset Entry worksheet?

Yes, that is what you need to do.

david3
Level 7

Thanks.

0 Cheers