Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I report deceased partner's transfer of partnership interest to wife on form 1065?

david3
Level 7

I searched PS support for this question and nothing appeared that addresses my question. Only questions related to 1099-R, 1099-A, all other nonrelated information. Very frustrating that a straight forward question gives a lot of unrelated questions.

Client is a 4 member LLC - two sets of spouses. One of the spouses passed away during the year. It has been a long time since I had to allocate profits and ownership interest for a situation like this and I don't remember how that is done in PS.

This is also the last year of the LLC - the rental property was sold.

If I enter zero as the ending profit, loss, own % for the deceased member, then no profit is allocated to him for the year.

I can't find out how to accomplish this in any instructions. How do I get this done?

Thank you.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
david3
Level 7

I finally found the answer. No need to waste anybody's time with this. My apologies.

I thought there would be an entry for a partner's date of death so that the program would calculate the profit %. I didn't realize that we need to manually calculate the % and enter it in the special allocations ratio section.

That would be a nice feature.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
david3
Level 7

I finally found the answer. No need to waste anybody's time with this. My apologies.

I thought there would be an entry for a partner's date of death so that the program would calculate the profit %. I didn't realize that we need to manually calculate the % and enter it in the special allocations ratio section.

That would be a nice feature.

0 Cheers